WINNER WONDERLAND

Louisiana Purchase Gardens & Zoo
Lake Charles, Louisiana
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“A Wholesome Family Experience At A Great Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited this zoo many times as a child, and I now enjoy taking my children to it. It is a great little zoo. If you are looking for some wholesome family fun in Monroe, the zoo is perfect for you. The price of admission is surprisingly low. On our most recent visit, the children greatly enjoyed the playful monkeys, who interacted with them from their cages. They also really enjoyed the petting zoo, a more recent addition to the zoo.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Enjoyable day and for the price its great anytime.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'm from California and have been to a few different zoos before but this one was fun. We really enjoyed our day there. The animals were out and we got to watch them feed the snakes. They had a few animals in the petting zoo area
Which was really nice, my daughter really enjoyed that. We did go in the off season so the attraction pays were closed down. The price was actually cheap so it makes it a fun and inexpensive day to do more often with the kids. Definitely going to go back hopefully before we leave.

Crossett, Arkansas
“monroe, LA ZoO”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Been there several times with the kids...unlike the little rock zoo..(.which is bigger but less animals and no boat ride) the animals are always out and and loud . always a good time... plus we always love taking picnics by the park outside the zoo!

Visited May 2012
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went there on the way home from the State fair. I was disapointed the gift shop was not open, however the petting zoo was nice. Beware of the duck he bites. The other animals were very eager to eat from your hand. They had a large variety of animals. Nice Suprise, they have a Hippo. I also enjoyed all the exhibilts giving facts about the Louisiana Purchase. It was a nice touch. The zoo is laid out nicely and it was a pleasant walk. Lots of animals to look at. The Big Safari animals were a little difficult to view but other than that I enjoyed it, and my daughter did as well.

Bristol
“Nice visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

It was late in the year for the gardens and getting cold for some of the animals. Very nicely laid out and a good assortment of animals. Worth stopping in.

Visited November 2012

Been to Louisiana Purchase Gardens & Zoo? Share your experiences!