“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Killeen, Texas
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Clean bed, clean room. Has "home" feel. Plenty of space in room. Clean pool. Great location, right off I 20. 10 minutes from "Duck Dynasty" if that is your thing :-) We where just traveling through. Would stay again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CRDRT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chalmette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I spent a great deal of time in Monroe for work and stayed primarily at this hotel. Very nice, new, clean, helpful staff. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a place in that area. It's also very conveniently located next to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greer, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and 2 young children stayed at the TownePlace Suites Monroe in June as we were traveling from South Carolina to Texas and it was a fantastic experience! I am a platinum elite member so I stay at Marriott properties all over the country quite frequently for business and I can honestly say that this is by far the best TownePlace I've stayed at and one of the best Marriott properties in general. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the beds were very comfortable, and the hotel is new and very modern. I really liked the room keys, all you need to do is hold it up to the reader on the door, handy if you have your hands full with luggage, etc. This hotel is in a great location, right next to the Pecanland Mall, we didn't have time to visit the mall but looks fine from the outside. It is also within walking distance to the Applebee's right across the parking lot without having to cross any major streets, we actually ate there soon after we checked in and the food and service is good as well. Highly recommend this hotel, its in a nice safe area and an easy on and off the interstate. The TownPlace on Pecanland Mall Drive knocks it out of the park and I would stay there again if I was even remotely closeby in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Aaron H
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family and I stayed here for about 9 days a last week and I was pretty impressed. The rooms were very clean and I have to say, the housekeeping staff were some of the friendliest, happiest staff I've ever seen. For being a crowded weekend with not only 4th of July travelers, but lots of beauty pageants on the weekend prior, it was relatively quiet.
Now for the cons - in order of importance.

1. - The front staff seem constantly misinformed. We had a panic when we arrived because they told us each room only had one bed. This was not the case, my father-in-law had two queens, and we ended up trading with him. Our room had a king bed, and we were told no roll aways were available for my daughter because it "wouldn't fit." Once inside the room, we found it already had a hide-a-bed couch. Kind of a pain trying to pack up and trade rooms when it wasn't necessary. I came down one afternoon with a question, and two of the front staff were sitting on a chair in the lounge area watching TV. They looked at me and went right back to watching.

2. - The room thermostats don't work right. I set ours at 82 so it would be comfortable, but when it turned on in cycles through the night, freezing cold air blasts out of the under window unit. Always the same freezing cold temp. So you are either sweating, or freezing, never comfortable.

3. - I knew their continental breakfast was minimal, but I didn't expect that they have no kitchen open for orders during the day or evening. Really a pain going elsewhere when we just wanted a bite to eat. Also, the breakfast is downstairs only, and offered until 9:30, or apparently, when they feel like closing. A few mornings we were in a mad rush to get down there before then, only to find everything being packed up already by 9:15, and 9:04 one morning! The person did not offer to bring anything back out when I mentioned it closed early. Nada. I don't care if they only have packaged muffins, but they should be open for the stated hours, especially when busy. They were packing the food back up, they didn't run out.

I would stay here again because it was so clean, but they need to do something about the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Retr0Travel
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I found my stay above average almost in every category.I like the rooms they were large beds were comfortable room was clean. The location was very, very good; it was next to the mall and a ton of food establishments. the breakfast was not fancy, however it was healthy and I ate there every morning, not feeling that I was cheated in any way. I was disappointed with the honesty of one maid, however management resolve the issue and went way beyond her call to satisfy the results. I was pleased enough to stay there one more week in June.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DasFlug
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at TownPlace Suites in Monroe for the Miss Louisiana pageant, so the hotel was fully booked. Even with it being fully booked it was still a mostly enjoyable stay. The staff was very friendly from the front desk to the maids that we constantly passed in the hall. They always smiled and said good morning and asked if we needed anything, which is a rarity these days. The room was fairly large and everything was extremely clean. The shower also had excellent water pressure throughout the day, which is hard to come by with fully booked hotels. Our room faced the interstate, so there was a little noise but nothing unbearable or keeping you up at night. Parking was never an issue even though it was fully booked. The only thing we didn't care for was the "breakfast". On their website it says free breakfast which we believe management should change to continental, if that. It was just a poor breakfast with minimal choices of cereal or stale muffins. Other than that our stay was great, but we may stay at the Residence Inn right down the road and enjoy a real breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a 4th floor room facing the mall in order to avoid loud stomping above you or interstate traffic...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Tigers04champs
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

stayed for a couple of weeks at the Towne Place - I would certainly recommend this hotel to travellers staying or going through Monroe, LA
Plusses:
- very helpful and friendly staff
- location - right beside a major mall, the Pecanland Mall and right beside an Applebees
- quiet and well maintained - relatively new condition
- has a nice relaxing pool and a bbq area
- washing machines and fitness centre
- hotel is very well laid out
- i also liked the little things that make all the difference such as free wifi; free fax;

Only one area needs a little improvement:
- housekeeping sometimes not attentive - we had asked housekeeping to clean our room a couple of times and they forgot -- suggest you simply tell the front desk instead, as they will ensure its done

Otherwise, a very pleasant and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: upper floors, away from elevator shafts
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Bill_M_Toronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Monroe
Courtyard Monroe Airport
Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe
Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe
#2 of 14 in West Monroe

Been to TownePlace Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!