“Great hotel, great location, allows Pets”

TownePlace Suites Monroe
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Fremont, Michigan
“Great hotel, great location, allows Pets”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Everything about this hotel is great, but I am not a pet person. I did not realize the hotel allowed pets. I was unlucky and had a neighbor sharing a wall and across the hall and their dogs would not stop barking at each other. I decided that was a good time for me to get dinner.

Location great, nearby services great, room great, breakfast great. I'd stay again but I'd ask to be not near a room that was going to have pets.

Room Tip: If you're not a fan of pets, ask to be in a room not near pets. Also ask for a room facing the m...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This motel was really great. Super clean rooms and the staff was so very friendly and helpful. The location is just off the freeway and easy to find. It is close to shopping, eating, and gasoline. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite. It was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dawn H
Tampa
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is a gem. It is conveniently located in the Pecanland Mall parking lot along with several other Marriott brand hotels (Courtyard, Residence Inn, etc.). I have stayed at the Residence Inn in the past (and had a WONDERFUL experience there as well), but this time stayed at the TownePlace Suites because the conference I was attending for ULM offered a discounted rate. This hotel was excellent and here's why:

- Nice large room with plenty of space to spread out
- Modern decor and high-end kitchen amenities in the room (stainless steel fridge, gorgeous countertops and cabinetry, etc.)
- Large desk that I used as a workstation-- so grateful!
- Very clean
- Super comfy bed and plenty of pillow options (which is really important to me)
- Plenty of hot water for a great shower
- Excellent, reliable, and FREE wi-fi service
- free parking
- friendly and accommodating staff
- Convenient location to mall, to major highways, to ULM, and also to Applebee's restaurant (next door)
- Free breakfast was really tastey. :-)

Other perks I loved that not all hotels offer is that this property provided plug outlets on the desk lamp for easy access. Enough cannot be said for how incredibly helpful this feature is for easily keeping cell phones and laptops charged without having to hunt for an outlet.

Don't think twice about it-- book here. It is a great stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank debbiesdreamtrips
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The large and efficient staff make all the difference here. Whoever hired these people should be rewarded. First, there are enough of them which is rare in any class of hotel in the last few years. Second, the staff unfailingly display a warmth that cannot be trained into someone. AND, they are professional to boot - no overly friendly, uncomfortably casual behavior. I am checking out after a week-long stay prompted by a family medical emergency, and I cannot overemphasize how convenient and friendly our lodging has been. It is a short drive to West Monroe, Rayville, and the hotel is right on the interstate. The surrounding mall and shopping areas make filling every need convenient and efficient. We were concerned about the noise of the railroad and interstate, but in rooms 425 and 126, it was not a problem. Room 101 had a bit more train noise that bothered family members with very sharp ears. Rooms with a built in desk worked better than rooms with large tables, for comfort, functionality, and room to roam indoors. The parking is plentiful and convenient and not a mark was made on my beloved VW. Bed is comfortable, climate control works, windows open for fresh air, kitchen has everything we need to actually cook meals. The light fixtures could be a little temperamental, but the staff was familiar with the issue and knew how to address it. Everyone who works here, from the maintenance to the household staff to the front desk actually takes such pride in their work and in the property. I travel constantly, and it's hard to get my attention to such things, so their proprietary care really stood out. If I were to change anything, at some point the color scheme might need to be updated. Despite numerous eating establishments within a walk and 100s within a short drive, it is a bit of a food desert for healthy food. We shopped for groceries (there are several excellent grocers nearby) and cooked many meals in our kitchen.

Room Tip: Room 425 gets natural light from two directions and is convenient in every way. 101 is also conveni...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Zoobeefoo
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This one is a no-brainer...
Impeccably clean, comfortable, full-kitchen suite. WiFi, great beds, and almost any other amenity you could need. Respectable breakfast too.

It's worth the extra $20 to stay here. Just book it...you won't be sorry.

Oh yea, walk to Applebee's for lunch or dinner too.

Stayed December 2013
Crystal City, Missouri
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We could not have been more pleased with our stay here. Everyone was VERY friendly. The room was great. The kids liked the full kitchen even though we did not need anything except the ice trays. I was impressed with how quickly the water turned to ice. The room was clean, the people helpful and friendly, and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for lower floors. The elevator closest to our room went out while we were there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jenny W
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had very noisy neighbors above us at 1 am. we complained and the hotel took care of it. They even offered us a complimentary gift from their gift shop, which we didn't accept. I can't blame them for the behavior of their guests, and they handled it very well.

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom suite, which is worth it if your sleep patterns don't always match.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Monroe
#5 of 14 in Monroe
Courtyard Monroe Airport
Best Western Airport Inn
Home2 Suites by Hilton West Monroe

Been to TownePlace Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!