“Nice room”

TownePlace Suites Monroe
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

This room is big and nice and i stayed in room 202. I do have a problem with the people above us. It sounds like they have elephants up there. It is so noisy up stairs and at night. The last few nights have been hard to fall asleep at night. But other than that the place is Great!!!

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were very pleased with our room. It was spacious, very clean & decorated nicely. The staff were all very friendly. We arrived late, so we grabbed dinner next door at the Applebees. It was nice to be able to just walk a few steps to grab some dinner before retiring for the evening. If I had to complain about anything...the coffee was not good. If that is the only complaint, that is a good stay! Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

As a weekly traveler, I stick with Marriott, Hilton, and HI chains. I booked this location because I was using points and it was less than the adjacent Courtyard. The front desk clerk was very personable upon check-in, the room was clean, the fitness center had new equipent - 2 elipticals, treadmills, and a nice bike. The best part of the stay was the lady who ran the breakfast area, and I do mean RAN! From making the waffels, to knowing the names of some of the regulars, this lady was a treat. You could tell she showed up every day to do her job. When in the area, this will be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and I did not have any noise issues on either side or above me.
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Very clean, comfy bed, spacious room. Loved the full size fridge and silverware/dishes/toaster/coffee pot in room. The breakfast was simple but lots of options (yogurt, fruit, cereal, bagels, waffles, muffins, etc). Small pool and fitness center although we never got a chance to use either. Both looked nice. We made sure to request a room on the top floor and never had a problem with noise (even though there was a college baseball team staying in the hotel the first night of our stay). Never had a problem with housekeeping just walking in, but we always lock all the locks anyway, so not sure it would have been a problem. This hotel had the best reviews out of all in the Monroe area, which is why I chose it. It's also the newest hotel. All in all, we enjoyed our stay. It was quite comfortable and we will surely stay here again on our next trip to Monroe.

Room Tip: Request top floor to avoid overhead noise (although we haven't stayed in any other room of the h...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The hotel is in the parking lot of a mall (Pecanland?) and next door to an Applebees.
It was easy to find, the check-in was quick. The rooms look like a magazine - very modern, very stylish. The desk area was as stylish as I have ever seen in a hotel.
The room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I walked next door to the Applebees and brought dinner back to my room.
The breakfast was just OK - continental breakfast, very little protein - all processed carbs. They did have yogurt, but mostly cold cereal, sweet rolls, bread, and some boiled eggs.

Warning- my one complaint is the house keeper walked right in my room in the morning without knocking, just opened the door and walked in. Luckily, I was dressed and yelled out - "I'm still here!" It was 8:45 am. When I got downstairs, my co-worker said she did the same thing in his room.

Room Tip: Make sure lock the bolt on your door - I was traveling with a colleague and BOTH of us had the clean...
2  Thank hoopsmom
kfolt310, Manager at TownePlace Suites Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We have addressed your issues and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Mitzi Albritton

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This upsetting stay began upon check in at the hotel (which is at 3:00) we arrived around 3:45, and had to wait about 20 minutes so the lady at the front desk could go floor to floor to see which rooms were ready. The room that I book was suppose to have a living/sitting area that included a couch, and it did not. Then the next moring we were awoken at 8am by the people above us stopming around (it sounded like they were jumping up and down as hard as they could on the hardwood part of the floor.) Then around 10:00 the maid staff came knocking on the door (we had the do not disturb sign out) and cominsed to yelling house keeping after telling them twice we did not need anything, she very rudely asked when we were leaving and we told her that we did not have to leave until 12 because that is when check out it. So if you want to relax I do not recommed this hotel!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I would check ahead to make sure you get the room you booked....
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JPiazza8

I would like to apologize for your upsetting stay at TownePlace Suites- Monroe LA. This is not a typical guest experience at my hotel. I have addressed both your housekeeping issues with that department and have shown them correct and only way to service rooms. I would like to thank you for your feedback, so we can prevent any other guest from having this same experience. I hope that if you are in Monroe again, you will consider us for your travel needs.

Mitzi Albritton

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stay almost exclusively in Marriott properties. Fairfield Inns, Residence Inns & TownePlace Suites are all pretty much the same. However this new TownePlace Suites is a cut above the rest. The staff - gracious & welcoming. And the rooms or suites were very well equipped & nicely designed. There was a bright, functional work area and a small, well equipped galley kitchen. Everything was spotless. This property is located in the Pecanland Mall so there are many nearby eating & shopping options available. This is an excellent option for a stay in Monroe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank hotdoggirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Monroe
#7 of 15 in Monroe
Courtyard Monroe Airport
Best Western Airport Inn
Home2 Suites by Hilton West Monroe

Been to TownePlace Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!