“Clean, quiet and comfy”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
New Orleans, United States
“Clean, quiet and comfy”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel everytime I have to travel to this town. It is very clean, quiet and close to plenty of places to eat. The pool is quaint and the staff is super friendly. Nothing fancy but it was comfortable and clean. The breakfast is worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We were somewhat apprehensive about staying at an outdoor entrance hotel, but were pleasantly surprised! My Husband loved that we could park directly in front of our door. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was typical Hampton. We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lobby and rooms was clean and smelt freshly sanitized. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Bathroom are clean and sanitized. Staff was courteous and very accommodating. I would gladly recommend this Hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Front desk attitude is terrible when it comes to solving problems. This hotel is a really bad Hampton inn. It appears it used to be a motel, but on their website it clearly states that all rooms face outdoors, so I am not really complaining about this. My reservation was for one night, and somehow they are accusing me of changing my reservation to two nights. That did not happen, I have proof that my reservation was for one night, and have my checkout receipt for one night. After calling the hotel and Hilton customer service, it seems I am going around circles. Will never stay at another Hampton inn and have cancelled all my Hilton reservations for the future. After hours staff not professional, person not wearing a name tag, not groomed, shirt was wrinkly and not tucked in. Also had 2 people loitering at about 5AM made me feel unsafe. This person checked me out and handed me the receipt, yet reservation was magically extended to two nights. Room was somewhat comfortable, Hampton Inns are known for very comfortable beds, this Hampton Inn matress was hard as a rock. A few bugs inside my room ( mosquitoes and flies ) Stay away. Location also seems unsafe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
jruss12, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced during your recent stay with us. We do our best to provide our guests an uncomplicated and comfortable stay and we regret this was not your impression. We welcome you to contact our offices directly so we may work to correct this billing misstep and hope you will be our guest again in the future so we may show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve.

Janie Russ
Regional Sales and Marketing Director

Travelers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the worst Hampton I have ever stayed in. There was a constant smell of sewer coming through the air conditioning. Pool was nasty, and got hit up for money from pan handlers working the parking lot. Horrible experience

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your room was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor. Unfortunately we do have a paper mill in the area that does present odor challenges to not only our hotel but all other hotels in the area. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and appreciate your taking the time to do so asr it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Desoto, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

All the comforts of my hotel stay were bad with exception of my bed. I will not be booking this hotel ever again. We were not able to sleep weel due to the heavy smoke smell and the constant noise right outside my door. I also fely like I was being watched each time I went to my truck to retrieve items for my daughter. Totally different experience from last year and we wont be back EVER.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Athens, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Upon arriving the first this that you'll notice is the smell. There is this smell of sewerage outside. When you get into your room it's less prevelant, but you can still smell it. It may be a paper mill or something else, but it smells bad. Also, this is the only Hampton Inn MOTEL I've ever stayed with that didn't have interior hallways. The doors at this Hampton open to the outside, so that makes it a motel. This didn't bother me much until someone a the office I was visiting told me this Hampton was located in a sketchy area of Monroe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jruss12, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to submit comments on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We do have several paper mills in the area and unfortunately, they do emit an odor from time to time. Some days, the odor is worse than others. We are very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope you will stay when you return our area in the future.

Janie Russ