“Residence Inn, Monroe, LA, Be Prepared!”

Residence Inn Monroe
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The rooms are fine in this hotel. However, the location is very difficult to find and the worst part was that groups/families/gangs (complete with motorcycles and gang colors had taken over the pool, the bbq area and most of the parking lot, making a lot of noise and the "management" never said a word to them -- must be a fairly normal event. No where to eat nearby also. RUDE people! I will certainly never go back!

Room Tip: Away from the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank kellchris
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Monroe

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for my nephew's 4-H rodeo competition. Our 2-bedroom suite met all our needs. My high school nephew and college niece both gave the hotel an A+ It is rare that we find a property that pleases all ages. The pool, hot tub, breakfast, location, space, and staff all exceeded expectations. The front desk personnel were really great, even before we arrived, helping with special requests. Even tho the pet fee is a little steep & non-refundable, the trip wouldn't have been the same without our faithful companion!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you're a light sleeper this location isn't for you. Freight trains run throughout the day and night down here, so be advised. The hotel is located conveniently near the airport - about 2 miles. If you are a shop-a-holic, the Pecanland Mall is right here and within walking distance. Also close-by are the usual chain restaurants; none of the ones I went to were all that great.

My room had cobwebs in the corner of the bedroom ceiling and mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. Window seals are in need of repair. The daily housekeeping services were fine. I would very much like to see a small bottle of liquid dish soap provided in the kitchen. Running a dishwasher to clean a coffee pot, a couple bowls, glass, coffee cup and a fork and spoon is a HUGE waste of natural resources. I shouldn't have to buy this stuff at $129 a night Residence Inns can afford it.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, get your room as far from the tracks as possible. Book early, as I am...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had to book a reservation at the last minute for a funeral I was attending in Monroe, and this appeared close to the airport. With a rental car, I was there in less than five minutes taking backroads with no traffic. And I found I could go most any place I wanted to in Monroe in less than 10 minutes. I had a two bedroom suite, and it was more than comfortable. I felt right at home. Very clean. I was only there from around 6 pm one evening to 11 am the next morning, but I found this place was so convenient to anything you might need (clothing store, liquor store, some mighty good pizza, etc.) It's sitting on the same block as a nice mall. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. They told me that dinner and breakfast would be served, and I must admit I skipped those for eating out, so I can't comment on the quality of the food. By the way...the weather was warm and muggy, but the AC kept things very comfortable. I loved the pillows and the bed was comforting. I couldn't offer much more praise for a chain hotel.

Room Tip: I thought the two bedroom suites were a bargain. Even though I was traveling solo, it gave me room...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I live here in Monroe but a friend was in from out of town so she booked two nights here and we turned it into a good old fashioned pajama party! Breakfast attendant was so attentive (I think her name was Bena or Beba? Blonde haired lady with long braids, very sweet). Lots of breakfast choices. Very good. Room was nice and comfortable. The only thing I don't like about the design of the hotel was to access the hotel lobby you have to go outside. It's not a great distance but when weathers bad it isn't fun. And it was cold and raining during our stay. Overall, A very small thing and a personal preference. Hotels convenient to many restaurants and the mall and I20. Good location.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I went down to Monroe, LA on a Friday nite to attend an event at the Civic Center but before I could go to the event I got very sick with the stomach bug. I was up all nite sick at my stomach. At 12 pm checkout time, I was still very sick and could not ride 1 1/2 hours home to El Dorado, AR. I was originally staying Friday nite only at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott but they had already booked the room I was staying in for Saturday nite. The staff at the TownePlace Suites helped my husband find an available room at the Residence Inn, which was only a short distance down from the TownePlace. The Residence Inn staff had the room ready quickly so that I could be transported from one hotel to the other without delay. The room was nice, clean, very comfortable and made me feel alot better. On Sunday, I was feeling better and could make the trip home, several of the staff inquired about me which made us feel like we were not just a guest because they had not even seen or met me and they were asking about my well being. Even though it was not the best weekend healthwise, the staff and accomodations made it better to be sick away from home. I would highly recommend either of these hotels to stay when in Monroe, LA.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great stay. Property is clean and well maintained. Rooms are very clean. The kitchen was very nice & the queen size bed was comfortable. Great suite!! Two tv's. One in living room and one in adjoining bedroom!! Very pleased!! Will stay again!!!

• Stayed: April 2013