We booked the 2 br family suite for 1 week. Our stay was satisfactory but I left feeling like I wanted more, esp from a brand name like Marriot?
Some minor bugbears:
1) The sofa bed was not very comfortable, so request for a rollaway bed if you are staying for more than one night.
2) Slow water drainage...it was not very nice to be standing in dirty water while you're trying to get clean. Also, the water did not seem to get hot enough, just barely warm.
3) Room ventilation should be better, esp with a kitchen in the premises.
4) Please replace the flowers near the laundry room, there is fungus growing in the vase. Some things just cannot be unseen!
5) The fire alarm went off one night near midnight. I think there was only one hotel staff on duty that night, I wished there was better communication between the hotel and the guests because we were all unsure what to do. Some guests stayed in their room, some returned even before the fire dept arrived...I shudder to think about what if it had been a real emergency.
There were a lot of pluses though
1) Breakfast with Beba! She's lovely, helping you to get juice and waffles, making sure you have a good breakfast. The oatmeal is especially delicious!
2) Just across the carpark from Pecanland Mall. The place looks huge from the outside, but doesn't everything in America? Nice mall with good shopping, the old-fashioned carousel will keep kids entertained. We were there around Christmas so the traffic in the area was quite bad, it was great to be within walking distance of the only mall in Monroe.
3) The suite itself was large and nicely finished, soft linen, plenty of towels. Housekeeping did not come every day though, not sure if this was an oversight or their usual practice.
4) Yes, the hotel is right next to the train tracks, and the trains come by quite often and they are very very long BUT it was barely audible in the room. Unless you are the lightest of lightest sleepers, it really should not bother you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the meeting point of comfort and convenience when you stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pecos. Providing easy access to Maxey Park Zoo and Memory Lane Car Museum, our hotel is the premier location for exploring the city in style. Get a good night's sleep inspired by our plush bedding, then take care of your business commitments using our complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and ergonomic workstations. You can also visit our business center for access to services such as copy, fax and overnight delivery/pickup. In the morning, visit our complimentary breakfast buffet for a variety of hearty and healthy options, or wake up by getting a quick workout in at our fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights. After your eventful day, escape the Texas heat by taking a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool. At Fairfield Inn & Suites Pecos, you're our #1 priority. Ask us about The Fairfield 100% Guarantee™, where we promise you'll be satisfied or we'll make it right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn Monroe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Monroe Hotel Monroe
- Monroe Residence Inn