“Stay Away!”

Residence Inn Monroe
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Place is in desperate need of a face lift. The 1st room we were given was filthy! The sheets had not been changed & there were nail clippings on the floor. The ONLY saving grace was the desk clerk, Donald. He is a gem and tried his very best to fix our accomodations. This is not the Residence Inn we have come to expect. Dirty carpets, falling down shower curtains, and a bathroom fan that sounds like a helicopter in our room! Drive past this one!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are called "Train" rooms. Noise from the tracks is awful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Sarah H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Karen A,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for your experience. We have discussed your issues with the appropriate departments and are working to correct them so that other guests will not have the same experience. If you are in town again, I hope that you would consider giving us another chance.
Sarah Heatherly
Sales Manager

Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Working in Monroe and have been staying here since February. Hotel and rooms are clean and I have no complaints. Pecanland Mall and a variety of good eating places are literally within a minutes drive. All of the staff are friendly and helpful but I will call 3 of them out in particular as ambassadors for this hotel. Allyson, Bobbi and Beba. Thankyou for making my stay a good one.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Based on like chain hotel. Very disappointing Residence Inn...usually these are pretty nice places to stay. However, the carpet in the 'living area' of the suite around the kitchen area was pulled, ripping and really dirty. The bed was really uncomfortable. And, it was really noisy all night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry your expectations were not met. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are in our area again.
Sarah Heatherly
Sales Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I’ve been coming to Monroe to work at the airport a couple of times a year for the last few years. The first time I stayed at a nearby Hampton Inn…it was OK…until I discovered there were Marriott’s closer to the airport and next to the areas only indoor shopping Mall. They had a Courtyard and Residence Inn within a hundred yard of each other. Until this trip I was never able to get into the Residence and had to settle for the Courtyard which was fine. It certainly was good for the area but I like having the full kitchen capability that comes with a Residence Inn if I can get it.

Since my last visit to the area Marriott added a third hotel near the others…I believe they call that new one the Town Park Suites or something like that…at any rate it might have syphoned off some of the lodgers from the Residence as I was finally able to get a reservation and I wasn’t disappointed. The room…a one bedroom suite was clean and well ordered as I’ve come to expect from a Residence. The common areas were laid out in their own unique pattern which was perfectly nice. Breakfast was good and well attended by a very pleasant hostess. The exercise room which I used habitually was on the small size…but well ventilated, clean, and furnished with decent equipment.

My only gripe…and if you’ve seen any of my other reviews you know this one…is the internet speed which is hardly up to the “high speed” billing. This is really typical for most hotels I find…even Marriott’s which are by far my favorite chain. I mentioned this to this hotels manager in my hotel critique and he called me by phone very shortly thereafter to tell me they were actually laying fiber optics to the hotel which should significantly improve their bandwidth. I hope they do that with all Marriott’s and then I won’t have anything to gripe at.

Even though there is a new Marriott as I mentioned previously in the area…I plan on making this Residence my future base of operations the next time I’m in town…providing I can snag a room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I happened to stumble across this hotel by chance and wow am I grateful I did. Every staff member is amazing! They seem to all learn your name over night and remember your preferences! The rates are fair. The hotel is clean! They serve a free full breakfast 7 days a week and a free dinner Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. I have seen on other review sites that the train across the street is bothersome but I did not find that to be the case at all. I am a platinum Marriott member and stay about 150 plus nights a year in a hotel and this one is by far my favorite!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed from April 27-30, 2012, its our second stay. We've experienced an excellent stay. Despite others comments this hotel was very clean, the staff is very profession, the rooms were immaculate, and there's no dust any where (believed me I checked). People tell me I have borderline OCD. The furniture and floors were well manicured. As far as cleanliness this hotel gets a thumbs up. I requested another room because I believed my stove top wasn't working properly but maintenance informed me that the stove tops has a temp. regulator on them and they get so hot then cool itself down. Being, that I planned to cook full meals the whole trip I needed a full stove. The staff moved me without any havoc and no questions asked. I was moved down to the first floor and didn't hear one sound from a train. This is my second stay I didn't know we were even next to a railroad track until I seen a train as I was going to my car. I recommend anybody to stay at this hotel and the property doesn't look old.

Room Tip: Going to really cook request a room w/ a stove.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My family stayed two in March for a family function. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast was above average for this sort of hotel. However, the rooms are dated. The bed was lumpy and the roll-a-way bed was in very bad shape. Our toilet sprung a serious leak in the middle of our second night. The hotel was busy and had run out of extra blankets. the coffee maker did not work and they did not have a replacement for it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family