“Nice, one-night stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
OKLA
“Nice, one-night stay”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Next to railroad track but didn't hear trains. Mall on other side of hotel. Not a lot of food choices nearby but hotel provided evening meal. Breakfast was served in a nice area with friendly and helpful attendant. Would stay here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Central Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I travel to Monroe twice a year on business. This is the first time I have actually been pleased with the trip I've had. In times past I have stayed at the Quality Inn in West Monroe (not good) and at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center. (terrible). This property is superb, I was drawn to it because they are pet friendly, albeit a $75 non refundable pet fee. But my dog is a part of the family, and there it was totally worth the money.

I stayed in a Kig ppng studio suite for 2 nights and it was a very spacious room with plenty of space to stretch out and relax. The kitchen got a lot of use from my wife, as she decided to cook every meal for us on this trip, except breakfast.

Speaking of breakfast, it was by far the best breakfast I have had at a property with this price range. The attendant was fantastic, serving our drinks for us, and bringing them to our table. The food selection was superb, with lots od healthy options (nuts and dried fruit for your oatmeal, fresh blueberries for the waffle I had).

I have found my new home in Monroe, every time my travels bring me through this town, I will hang my hat here.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank classicphoto
Balch Springs, Texas, USA
Reviewed November 23, 2011

On Tuesday, Nov. 21, my daughter and I were too tired to try to make it to Dallas, so checked for a hotel in Monroe. Residence Inn was perfect for us. The staff welcomed us like long lost friends, had a delicious evening "snack" (fajita chicken, nacho chips, salad, all the trimmings, and a most delicious roll). This was followed by super chocolate brownie bites. Ummm. Our room was sooo comfortable: soft sheets and duvette, really scrunchy pillows, and two great flat screen televisions. The sofa in the living room invited you to put up your feet and relax! Next morning a great breakfast served by a sweet hostess who was so very helpful in getting us any extras. Basically, everyone there leaned over backwards to make us feel at home...and the hotel was definitely full, so they already had plenty to keep them busy. All in all, we are finding this chain by Marriott to be our favorite, for long or short stays...complete fully stocked kitchens included. Our favorite has always been the R I in Waco, Texas, but Monroe, Louisiana is running right up there, too.

Room Tip: We were in 114, overlooking the pool area.Close to the office also.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank genbug2k
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Loved the location - right behind the mall with several restaruants to choose from! My room was spacious and comfortable. I appreciate the fact that I had enough towels to last 4 days and didn't require any maid service...that's one thing I DON'T do at hotels...I wait until I leave for them to come in - too risky these days. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed my stays there - It think twice now. Breakfast is the best I've ever had at any hotel chain...good find!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the rail road tracks
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is a nice property. My room was spacious with a small dining table and sitting area. The bed and pillows weren't as good as what I am used to at the Marriott properties. However, the first thing I noticed when I walked into the bathroom was someone else's long dark hairs on the light colored tiled floor. I could also tell that the tub hadn't been cleaned. It was late and I was tired, so I sure didn't feel like having to go through the ordeal of changing rooms. During my entire stay I had this creepy feeling like the whole room hadn't been properly cleaned. Yuck. Maybe this was an isolated incident; however, you have to wonder.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KateLafayette_LA
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My family was traveling through to and from Texas and stayed in Monroe to break up the driving. We stayed here both on the way and on the way home. The staff here is very friendly and they have one of the best "free" breakfasts of any chain. We stayed in a two bedroom suite where we had plenty of room and it was easy enough for one bedroom to go to sleep while the living area was still occupied. Also, it is nice to have a full kitchen. We especially enjoyed the multiple televisions in the room, one had the World Series on the other a movie, which definitely kept any arguing down to a minimum.

This is a great place to stop in Monroe.

Room Tip: The Residence Inn is by a railroad track and fairly well traveled road. They do everything they can...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JuJuinBama
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Traveling through Monroe and found this hotel . It was just perfect and located by several estaurnts. The staff was fun and knew how to use a gift Marriot card ! 'Breakfast was servedin a nice area. All in all a great stop!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business