“Nice Quick Stay”

Courtyard Monroe Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great night. Easy access from I-20. Great staff! The hotel is right beside the mall and several food places. We had no problems and we had a really good time. If you are passing through, you need to stay here.

Room Tip: We were on first floor by lobby and it was great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear RangersFan1980,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Monroe.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Monroe Airport

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice, typical Courtyard with the BEST staff I have encountered in ages. I stayed here for 3 nights on business in the area. Staff was consistently helpful and cordial, going way beyond the typical good service. For example, when I asked For a local paper, front desk staff offered to order one for me each morning. Breakfast in The Bistro was disappointing but the coffee is good and, again, the staff was way above par for friendliness and helpfulness.I would not think of staying anywhere else when in Monroe.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dorpers,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is very enthusiastic about the job that they do. They strive to go above and beyond for each of our guests.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Where do I start? Well,when we checked in the hostess pushed the "Deli" on us so much it was uncomfortable. I had to finally very bluntly tell her we were only interested in checking in and getting our key. The room seemed okay at first. The layout was odd. The bed seemed unusually close to the floor. Neither one of the in-room phones worked. The shower head leaked and I almost went down stairs and requested a refund when I finally laid down in the bed- I SUNK! You literally sink into the mattress and not in a posh luxury kind of way. Worst nights sleep tossing and turning.
We paid the $10 extra for breakfast and that was a joke. I assumed it would be the usual hotel buffet breakfast. Instead it was tiny portion of microwaved nasty food.
None of the hotels in this area had really great reviews but we chose Courtyard because we've enjoyed every other Courtyard we've stayed at. This was a HUGE mistake. For the hundred plus bucks we paid, I expected better. I feel like I was robbed. We'll be visiting Monroe pretty often for the next few months for my husbands work but you better believe we are staying away from this rat hole.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank LynnAnnBB

Dear LynnAnnBB,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I apologize that you did not have a very good experience with us.
Our front desk does try to inform each of our guests about the amenities that we offer at our hotel. I do apologize if she was being too insistent about what our Bistro has to offer.
I would like for you to email me at jessical@intermtn.biz or call me at 318-388-0034 at your convenience, so that I may look into the other issues that you had during your stay and have them corrected.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very pleasant staff very willing to help and assistance. Have never stayed were everything was nice clean and helpful. Would recommend and stay again. Also loved that they had a bistro and Starbucks. Very convenient location to shopping restaurants and airport. Rooms were were very clean and updated.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Brandyryder1,

Thank you for reviewing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, Bistro, and Starbucks. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Monroe!

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to go to avoid and nice dinner last weekend and not travel far we only live about an hour from monroe so it is a perfect spot. The courtyard is on a great location----right by the mall and several restaurants. The staff makes you feel like you are their only guest! They are friendly and helpful. There is even an indoor pool. A great spot for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Gran7,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff truly loves the job that they do, and they strive to make each and every one of our guests feel just as you did! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need another weekend getaway!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Traveled for business and have stayed here a few times in the past and have not been disappointed. Consistently helpful staff at the front desk, rooms are clean, and beds are comfortable. The location is very convenient - Applebee's is right next door, as well as several other restaurants around the mall and it's convenient to get to from the interstate. Overall, definitely would recommend it and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jen590,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you again as our guest the next time that you visit Monroe!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Good hotel! Traveled to Monroe for business and it was a great place to stay. Easy to get in an out of in traffic. Located behind and Applebee's which was nice. Only complaint was that they did not carry Ibuprophen or Tylenol at the Front Desk. I came down with a high fever while there (no fault of the hotel) and my assistant went to get me something to break the fever and was told that they did not have anything. I worked in the hotel industry for over 10 years and we always had something on hand, just in case. Other than that, the rooms were comfortable and nice!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear Leann W,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and our convenient location.
I also appreciate your suggestion about adding some medicines to The Market area for our guests. This is definitely something that we will consider in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe,