“Great staff clean and pleasant atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Monroe Airport

Courtyard Monroe Airport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
“Great staff clean and pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ricky was great he went the extra mile to make sure we were taken care of. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The hotel was clean and perfect location for visit to ULM. The hotel is a modern feel and easy access to area restaurants. Would definitely stay here again if we were ever in the area. Best hotel for money in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear texantravellor,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about Ricky and our staff. Our staff truly enjoys their job, and we strive to make each and every one of our guests feel at home.

Jessica Lutiker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I normally don't venture on to I-20 but due to Hurricane Isaac we were forced to travel the Northern route to Texas while on holiday. The Courtyard was good, with a fantastic lobby and lots of options for dining. We stayed on the first floor in room 108, which had a king bed and was comfortable. The rooms appear to have been remodeled and are very yellow and red which we didn't care for. The bathroom was very clean - the shower was hot and had great water pressure. The closet door mirror was broken and the room was a little warm, even at 60 degrees. I brought my pillow from home and my husband slept on the hotel pillows which were more like half-pillows and offered no support. He unfortunately didn't get a lot of sleep due to the pillows. Our room happened to be next to the maintenance room which was a little noisy until around 9:00PM. Being close to the mall there's several dining options. We checked out fairly early the following morning to get back on the road - around 6:30AM - but had to wait a while as there were no hotel staff to check us out. Overall, it was an okay stay.

Room Tip: Opt for a room on a higher floor to avoid the noisy lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kmbonin82,

I apologize about the maintenance issues that you had with the room that you stayed in. I notified our maintenance staff, and we have had these problems corrected. We have also taken the necessary steps to train our staff on having the front desk attended at all times.
I am happy that you enjoyed our remodeled lobby and our convenient location.
We hope that you will choose our hotel again in the future for your trips to Monroe.

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel for a week. I was there on business and was pleased to find it has remodeled. I stayed last year and only some parts of the hotel had remodeled. It is close to the Monroe airport and in the parklng lot of the Pecanland Mall. So, if you don't like staying with businesses right next to you, this won't be the place for you. I do wish the pool was outdoors but not that big of a deal. The fitness room is small and the equipment is fine, just a little older. There is also TownSuites by Marriott in the same parking lot...with an Applebees also. The TownSuites is newer I think, but I didn't have any complaints about my stay at this property. The staff are friendly which is important to me. I will stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear kims608,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be staying with us again!
We're very proud of our newly remodeled rooms, and we're excited that our guests are enjoying them also.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is a very nice place to stay.I stayed there during a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a nice lounge area with a Starbucks in the lobby. The location is great for highway travelers, as it is right off I-20, and the Pecanland Mall is very convenient. The rooms are clean and well-lit and the beds are so comfortable. I slept like a baby! I would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Cyelver,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms and Starbucks.

Fairhope, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. Really enjoyed a great night sleep here. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very accommodating in getting me the connecting rooms I required. Other places I stayed recently just told me it wasn't available. The lady at the front desk worked for 10-15 minutes to find two rooms for us. Good solid Courtyard in Monroe!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jessica L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Mike C.,

Thank you for taking the time to review and for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe! Our staff's number one goal is to make sure that each and every one of our guests leaves our hotel completely satisfied with their stay. I'm happy that we were able to accommodate your requests and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.

Robertsdale, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Clean and comfortable room....friendly staff.
Had a great stay.
Definitely would stay again, just off the interstate, but had
no traffic noise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bamagirl56,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Monroe! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated rooms, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Monroe.

Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I recently stayed 2 nights at this property and have no major complaints. The room was clean and comfortable. Although it is right by I 20 the room was quiet. The bed was excellent and the location is great, right by the mall and a back road that can take you to ULM in minutes. Lots of restaurants near by as well as a good selection of food at the hotel. Good place to stay if you're in the area

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Monroe Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear KBD87,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again whenever you come to Monroe.