“Could be a great hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center

You added Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Intersection of I-20 and Hwy 165, Monroe, LA 71203-5542   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
West Alabama
“Could be a great hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Rooms are nice. Breakfast was awesome. However hotel was packed with a family reunion and a wedding. Other guests were not controlling their teenage and younger children. They were allowing them to run up and down halls, knock on doors, and horseplay in pool area. We never saw any adults. Management had to close pool due to guests being dirty. I witnessed guests being very ugly to breakfast staff. I spoke with management twice. The second time, I explained that I understood it was the guests misbehaving but they needed to be stricter on enforcing rules. We also had to wait 6 hours for clean towels since housekeeping didn't leave us any when cleaning the room. I recommend management making more of a presence and asking unruly guests to leave hotel.

Room Tip: Back side of building. Have extra door to outside. Very convenient for loading and unloading lugga...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Dirty. Moldy. Old. Horrible service in a bad part of town. It was literally falling apart. Roaches. Disgusting food poorly served. Maybe this place was ok 30 years ago, but not now. You should yourself a favor and avoid.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank CajunGirlTraveler

Travelers are raving about these Monroe hotels

Anna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Only had a problem with our keys working each day but the management helped us each day and fixed it. Had a wonderful hot breakfast each morning with scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, biscuits, gravy, toast and much more. It was free with our stay. They had a business room we could look up and print next day activities. Pool was clean and indoors. Hot tub was wonderful. it was close to a lot of places and easy on and off the roads we travels. The rooms were cleaned really good each day.

Room Tip: Our GPS did not pick up the hotel so I had to put in the near by hotel because when I put in the nam...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Waco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were passing through town for the night and needed a place to stay for two adults and two children under age 4. Other higher-rated suites were already full, so we ended up here.

Overall, it was fine -- a little bit expensive for what we got, but not overly so. No major problems, but lots of little things. For instance: The wi-fi worked great in the living room, but I could barely get a signal in the bedroom. The bathtub drain wouldn't close all the way for a bath, but the tub filled out as water ran for a shower. Carpet stains. Only two towels in a room that can hold more guests.

Nothing awful, and as a place to stay for just one night while traveling, it was fine. But having just come off an extended stay at another chain of suites that was both less expensive and nicer, I was a little disappointed.

Also, if you're trying to find it via GPS, the address is 1051 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, now Highway 165, as even their own website (and the confirmation email I received) state.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Portage, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a long drive and wanted to find a hotel that was decently priced with a pool for the kids, since they had been stuck in the car for so long..

Walking in the hotel, it looked pretty nice, we were greeted by two of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever come across. I didn't get the girls name but the gentleman was named "David" he was very cheerful and very accommodating. I was wearing a t-shirt from my home town of Chicago and he instantly picked up friendly conversation about where I was from and was sharing information on the local area there for my family and I.

Check-In was very fast and very accommodating. I was given coupons for free breakfast in the Cafe at the hotel. I was told ANYTHING we can do for you don't hesitate to call the front desk.

This was the third hotel we stayed at on this trip and we were getting use to the half asleep person at the desk who acts like they don't care if you stay with them or not, So this was a very nice surprise to find such a friendly hotel who actually showed this Yankee the meaning of the true Southern hospitality that I've always heard about.

The room was a pretty nice room. We really like how you have two doors to the room, one from the main hall and one out the back to the indoor pool. It was nice to walk out the door and down the steps to nice kiddie pool, full size pool & whirlpool. We were very surprised to also see in pool area a ping pong table, foosball table, and nice little Arcade with 25c games..

We had a nice time swimming until it was time for dinner. I went back down to the front desk to ask about local restaurants. As soon as I walked into the lobby I was greeted with CHICAGO! from the front desk man named "DAVID". it was a nice feeling to have someone remember me especially since the hotel had a good number of guests during our visit. He recommended a local pizza place for us and also again made sure we were set with coupons for the free breakfast in the morning in the hotel cafe. He also again made sure that we were happy with our room and if we needed anything. He asked me to come back down in the morning to let him know how we liked the free hotel breakfast.

The hotel room had very nice beds and pillows, we slept very well that night for the first time on our trip. The room was very quiet, we never heard anything all night even though our room was close to the pool (also no heavy pool smell) which had a good number of visitors until around 10pm. Room (double) had a nice recliner, desk, TV with a lot of channels just an average room but was very nice for the price.

We got up for breakfast. It was really nice breakfast was served from 6am-11am. not like most hotels from 6-8 or 6-9 in hopes most people will leave before or not wake up in time. We went down for breakfast around 9:30 and was surprised by a really nice buffet with biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, waffles, fresh fruit, toast, cereal, yogurt, milk, juice and much more,, Food was all fresh and hot, and very good. Waitress was also very friendly and asked us several times if we needed anything else or if she could do anything for us, she also was very friendly and playful with our two kids 7&8 year olds.

Because this hotel also has a check out time of noon, we decided to let the kids swim again before we got back on the road. I then went back up packed up and went down to check out where I was greeted by two other women that were also very friendly and wanted to triple check to make sure that everything with our room & stay was up to our standards. Check out was very friendly, easy and fast...

I highly suggest staying at this hotel if you are in the area (also they are 10/15 mins from Duck Commander where the T.V show Duck Dynasty is filmed). I hope you get the chance to meet David at the front desk and tell him Chicago the firefighter recommended you stay with them,,,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chicagofirefighter
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the indoor pool, the front desk staff was friendly, but when we got to our room our troubles began. My husband found a roach and killed it before the kids could see, but after our swim he was giving our son a shower when another roach, even bigger was in the bathroom! Gross! My husband caught it under a glass and took a picture. I called the front desk and asked to be moved. We got our keys and an apology, got to the new room and my daughter went to use the bathroom. She went to flush and there was feces or blood right next to the flusher! By now it is almost ten at night, I took a pic and went to the front desk to check out while my husband was booking a room somewhere else!
It's true the hotel has duct taped carpet and needs an update for what they charge you should get a CLEAN updated room.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Autumnc1978
North Canton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is unusual for a Choice Hotels property and not at all what we expected or are used to. To begin with, the hotel signs, entry drive and parking lot are not well identified or well lit at all. Trying to get to the front door was a challenge. There was a car and people blocking the doorway. (They were still there more than an hour later when we went out to the car for an item)

Entering the lobby, we found quite a few people just hanging around sprawled all over the furniture. Not sure what they were doing there but it just seemed very odd to us. Not sure if the area the hotel is in is the problem or if the security isn't up to par. We were told the next morning that security is attempting to address these issues but it seemed to us they hadn't accomplished that goal while we were there.

The lobby carpet is duct taped together and did not give us a good overall impression of the maintenance of the hotel in general. The young man responsible for our check in seemed to be on a personal call and he was much more worried about that than helping us check in and directing us to our room.

The hotel is a very large property and the hallways and room numbering system are laid out very strange. There was no help to be had at the front desk to find our room so the confusing maps became our only guide. Once we found the Atrium on the map and found that area, finding our room was easier.

The King Suite was over 500 square feet including the bathroom. It was laid out a little odd but seemed to work well for us. It was clean, well furnished and the bedding was comfortable.

Breakfast was well supplied with lots of choices available. Served in a very large room with lots of tables, it was nice to not be crowded in the breakfast area as we have been in other hotels.

The check out staff courteous and helpful. She gave us a card to fill out in regards to our issues with the staff the night before.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
Comfort Suites
#8 of 14 in Monroe
3.0 of 5 stars 193 reviews
TownePlace Suites Monroe
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center? Share your experiences!