We had a long drive and wanted to find a hotel that was decently priced with a pool for the kids, since they had been stuck in the car for so long..
Walking in the hotel, it looked pretty nice, we were greeted by two of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever come across. I didn't get the girls name but the gentleman was named "David" he was very cheerful and very accommodating. I was wearing a t-shirt from my home town of Chicago and he instantly picked up friendly conversation about where I was from and was sharing information on the local area there for my family and I.
Check-In was very fast and very accommodating. I was given coupons for free breakfast in the Cafe at the hotel. I was told ANYTHING we can do for you don't hesitate to call the front desk.
This was the third hotel we stayed at on this trip and we were getting use to the half asleep person at the desk who acts like they don't care if you stay with them or not, So this was a very nice surprise to find such a friendly hotel who actually showed this Yankee the meaning of the true Southern hospitality that I've always heard about.
The room was a pretty nice room. We really like how you have two doors to the room, one from the main hall and one out the back to the indoor pool. It was nice to walk out the door and down the steps to nice kiddie pool, full size pool & whirlpool. We were very surprised to also see in pool area a ping pong table, foosball table, and nice little Arcade with 25c games..
We had a nice time swimming until it was time for dinner. I went back down to the front desk to ask about local restaurants. As soon as I walked into the lobby I was greeted with CHICAGO! from the front desk man named "DAVID". it was a nice feeling to have someone remember me especially since the hotel had a good number of guests during our visit. He recommended a local pizza place for us and also again made sure we were set with coupons for the free breakfast in the morning in the hotel cafe. He also again made sure that we were happy with our room and if we needed anything. He asked me to come back down in the morning to let him know how we liked the free hotel breakfast.
The hotel room had very nice beds and pillows, we slept very well that night for the first time on our trip. The room was very quiet, we never heard anything all night even though our room was close to the pool (also no heavy pool smell) which had a good number of visitors until around 10pm. Room (double) had a nice recliner, desk, TV with a lot of channels just an average room but was very nice for the price.
We got up for breakfast. It was really nice breakfast was served from 6am-11am. not like most hotels from 6-8 or 6-9 in hopes most people will leave before or not wake up in time. We went down for breakfast around 9:30 and was surprised by a really nice buffet with biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, waffles, fresh fruit, toast, cereal, yogurt, milk, juice and much more,, Food was all fresh and hot, and very good. Waitress was also very friendly and asked us several times if we needed anything else or if she could do anything for us, she also was very friendly and playful with our two kids 7&8 year olds.
Because this hotel also has a check out time of noon, we decided to let the kids swim again before we got back on the road. I then went back up packed up and went down to check out where I was greeted by two other women that were also very friendly and wanted to triple check to make sure that everything with our room & stay was up to our standards. Check out was very friendly, easy and fast...
I highly suggest staying at this hotel if you are in the area (also they are 10/15 mins from Duck Commander where the T.V show Duck Dynasty is filmed). I hope you get the chance to meet David at the front desk and tell him Chicago the firefighter recommended you stay with them,,,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Start your day in the heart of everything Monroe has to offer, business, sports, shopping, dining and entertainment. The Clarion Inn & Suites Conference Center makes getting there fast and convenient. Only 10 minutes from the Monroe Airport, you will spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to Monroe to do. And there is easy access to I-20 and Highway 165. Hotel is near the University of Louisiana at Monroe, Centurylink, Monroe Civic Center, and minutes to Monroe Speedway which hosts several local events and racing. The Pecanland Mall is just around the corner & we offer complimentary airport shuttle service. The Clarion Inn & Suites Monroe is here to be your personal retreat. Start your day by joining us for breakfast in the French Market Cafe. You will have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as plush towels and luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. You can take a dip in our indoor pool and relax. When its time to dine you can enjoy a dining adventure at TK's Bar & Grill. Coming for a sporting event? The hotel offers the most rooms with 2 beds in the area and is not far from Beidenharn Sports Complex, ULM Intramural Fields & the Monroe Athletic Club, Chenault Soccer fields & the Ouachita River. Looking for a place for your event? We are a conference facilities that has versatile meeting rooms and catering options for up to 500 people. Let us host your next event! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn & Hotel Monroe
- Clarion Inn And Suites And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Monroe
- Holiday Inn Hotel Monroe
- Monroe Holiday Inn