“Nicky's has been an icon in the Shreveport/Bossier City area, and now NW Louisiana, for over 50 years”
Review of Nicky's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Nicky's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 14, 2015

A solid line of Mexican Dishes, some better than others, but most patrons have their favorites. Probably the second and most successful Mexican restaurant in town.

Two enchilada dinners for the price of one on Monday and Tuesday

Date of visit: September 2014

Reviewed May 1, 2015

We stopped to spend the night at the little RV Park behind Nicky's. Didn't want to cook, so walked over. Didn't expect much, just a local restaurant in a tiny town. Boy, were we wrong! It's much larger than it looks, with lots of atmosphere. I had the huesitos - ribs on a bed of onions and peppers with french fries and rice. Excellent! the meat fell off the bones. Husband had Nicky's Special - taco, enchilada, tamale and a chile relleno with rice & beans. He raved about it and ate all of it. This is a great place to eat.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed April 6, 2015

I had the lunch chicken fajitas. This was a very large serving, but for $17 it should be. The chicken was very good and there were plenty of fried onions and pepers to go with it. Other orders at my tabel were the chef's chicken salad, the kid's cheeseburger, and the chicken enchiladas. All the food tasted very good.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed July 17, 2012

On our recent trip to the East coast we stopped by Nicky's going and coming w/in a week and half time frame. We discovered Nicky's last year when we were staying at the RV park behind it. The beef fajita's were the best I'd ever had. However, on this trip, our first visit the food was so over salted we could barely eat some of it. We mentioned it to the waiter who went to the kitchen and came back and agreed with us as he tasted it. However, no mention of getting us something else or reducing the price of the meal for the un-eaten part. I had fajita beef tacos, rice & beans. The beef was over-salted, but not nearly as bad as the refried beans which made them totally inedible. Coming back I was reluctant to eat there, but we did. Much better, ordered fajita beef nachos, while the meat was a tad salty the flavor was good and the nachos tasty. I ordered a frozen margarita and was disappointed it came in a styrofoam cup instead of a glass. Since they have a bar and we were eating in I expected a glass. However, the margarita was tasty and way too big for me to finish. I think it much have been a 16 oz cup for $6. My husband go the beef enchiladas and said they were great and the refried beans much better, not over salted. The wait-staff I found way too relaxed and never followed up on how the food was. The atmosphere is fine, but the place doesn't seem very clean.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2011

This is a great Mexican Restaurant just outside of Minden. The service is great, the place is spacious, and the food is fantastic. If you are in the area, this place is a must.

Date of visit: November 2011