“Very clean and service was get!”

Holiday Inn Express Minden
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Minden
McKinney, Kentucky
“Very clean and service was get!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were given one room first and the shower had no pressure, told the front desk, they immediately issued us a new room. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay for two days. My sister paid for the hotel we were there for my nephews graduation.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank jabhab
hiexpressminden, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minden, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We are happy that we were able to accommodate you during your stay here. We hope you enjoyed the graduation ceremonies and that you will be back to visit us again soon!

Toni Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a 2-queen bed room. Rooms and common areas are newly updated - look more modern & streamlined than the professional photos. The bed was comfortable, shower was great and the room was very spacious. Breakfast was the typical HI Express fare: eggs, bacon or sausage, bagels, toast, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, random fruit, etc. Staff were friendly and helped us to find local restaurants.

Only downside, and this effected our stay quite a bit, was very VERY slow/unpredictable internet. If you're here on business and need reliable internet be warned. It seems to cut in and out, so if you're uploading files the constant rebooting of the signal will cut off the process. One of our 2 nights my coworkers and I could not get onto the internet at all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank ToadiesLB
hiexpressminden, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minden, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your review! I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I will definitely look into the Internet problems that you mentioned, I'm sorry that you had this trouble. We hope to see you again soon!

Toni Johnson
Norwalk, Iowa
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I travel a lot due to business and this time my mother in law wanted to come she's 74 and has had some medical issues that prevent her from getting around as other May be able to
The situation I have 3 service dogs I have 2 myself one older and a younger one and my mother in law has a mobility dog every hotel wants to see documentation ,registration ,paperwork charge a pet fee up to 100.00 I was getting so aggravated explaining after all should I even have to talk about medical issues

I called the hotel first and they said they have a no pet policy I told them the situation they gave me directions all the way to the hotel told me where to park I went in had my main dog with me this was at 10 at night there was a lady checking in and her manager he gave her the all is good here she checked us in explained where everything was made sure all our needs we're meet and then some we all got a full night rest the room was very nice everything looked new even the fridge everything worked properly,the breakfast was the best we had gotten in a long time they had everything from yogurt to omelets even cinnamon rolls they had coffee and different juices milk to drink even the lady they had working the breakfast was really good even though we were one of the last people to get down breakfast was from 6 to 930 we didn't feel rushed at all she put fresh food out that was low
Here's the bottom line I used to seek out best western hotel I've had more problems then I should of ever had we stayed at the one in gulf shores they overcharged me after I checked out by saying I didn't tell them at check in the three dogs I only told them about two my great price room turned into an overpriced room if you have sensitive needs just check into a holiday inn don't bother with anything else thank you Holiday Inn

Room Tip: I didn't use the pool or spa but the fitness room looked clean and the business rom was big and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Diana H
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here while on a road trip to visit relatives. The hotel was nicely updated. The rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet. Staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rwoodac
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am so disappointed in HIE – Minden, LA. This is our choice hotel for visiting family in the area. Of course they are the only decent hotel within the area and because of this I do not believe they take guests concerns too seriously. One year ago I stayed at this very location and complained about the water not draining while showering, not to mention it was already noted in other guest comments on the webpage. Last year after my complaint, I was given the key to 3 other guest rooms and to my surprise all of the tubs did the exact same thing. I think it is disgusting to have water fill up in the tub. The purpose of a shower is to get the dirt off of your body not have it surround your feet and lower legs. Moving forward a year later…. while on our trip to the area we spend 3 nights in Bossier City and traveled back and forth to the Minden area for fear of the hotel not being up to par. Well because we would be out very late New Years Eve, against my better judgment, my husband says the hotel should be fine this time and we book it for 1 night to keep from being on the highway during this time. Upon checking in what do I discover…..THE TUB NOT DRAINING!!!! I go downstairs to complain and of course the maintenance person is gone for the day (2:00pm). The front desk gentleman comes up to the room and shows us how to plug up the tub. My husband states we are trying to get the water out not keep it in. THE SOLUTION….he takes out the stopper completely and tells us not worry about it. Although this did not correct the problem it just stopped the water from totally filling up the tub. Having paid $165 for this stay is not what I consider a great way to start the New Year or a way to keep your frequent guests. So, again as I stated in the beginning…HIE does not have any competition so they will not fix the problem.

Room Tip: Stay in Bossier and drive to Minden
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhenee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minden, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Rhenee,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review.

I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with some amenities in the bathroom particularly with the tub. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Enjoyable stay. Employees were very pleasant, good breakfast (free continental), Wheelchair accessible. Getting in and out of the parking lot was interesting -- the hotel is located at a fork in the road, so getting there from the Interstate was easy as it was on the right side of the road, but coming back from dinner proved interesting at night because it wasn't lite very well.
Air conditioner worked for about 30 min, then stopped working for 30-60 min. It did this all night. When it worked, it got cold, but once it cut off it was stifling. Unfortunately, they were full that night so we couldn't change rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Austin
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here while driving through the area and the hotel was very nice. The hotel was newly updated. The pool is outdoors and closed during the winter so be aware of that if you are traveling with small children who like to go swimming. :o) We also left a child's "lovie" behind, but the hotel found it and will be shipping it back to us this week. I am VERY thankful for that because my son has been asking for it the past 2 days.

The rate is okay ($146 with tax), but higher than most Holiday Inn and Suites we are used to staying at. This may be because it is newly updated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank funtimesAustin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Best Western Minden Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bossier City
Comfort Suites Bossier City
Comfort Suites Bossier City
#7 of 35 in Bossier City
SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive
Huffman House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minden? Share your experiences!