“On par room but noisy and wierd smell”

Courtyard New Orleans Metairie
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We checked out today. I dont think I will stay here again until they finish the construction in the area and fix the wierd smell (gas?)in th lobby. Constuction crews woke me up every morning at 6AM with pounding, hammering, and equipment noises. Calls to the front desk did not help. Maybe a good option after they finish construction across the street and on Causeway a block away which also caused a lot of traffc problems. Rooms are up to the Courtyard standard.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard New Orleans Metairie

Reviewed February 18, 2010

In a city full of charm and character, this hotel has absolutely none. It gets the job done, but is the most stale and mediocre hotel in the area I've ever stayed in. Seems a bit outdated. Furniture and decor is very basic....almost cliche hotel quality. Very disappointed in the breakfast buffet. Food wasn't very tasty and not much selection for the price. Also, the rooms had a weird smell....musty, old, couldn't put my finger on it. Wall are paper thin...a crying baby kept us up the first night, and a jackhammer from the nearby interstate constuction woke us the next morning. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2010

My mom and I stayed here for 3 days and I must say I was very surprised. Check-in was a breeze and the hotel clerks were all friendly. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide variety of food to choose from. The beds were very comfortable. The location is excellent and so close to the shopping mall and restaurants. Plus, the lobby consisted of a very cozy enviroment that included a fireplace, free Internet, etc. I will definitely be going back to this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Nice hotel, good location. Not the best Marriott I have stayed at but certainly not the worst either.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I stayed here since I was visiting my husband for work since he had to travel here for a month to be on location for a movie. The hotel was nice and clean. Very quiet which was nice. It's about a 15 minute drive to New Orleans, french quarter. There was lots of good food, and alcohol!! I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank jhammett17
Reviewed March 24, 2008

I don't know what condition this hotel was in before Katrina or right after. Today, it's sort of a hodge-podge.

The lobby is beautiful and the desk folks are friendly. There's a PC and printer free for use. But each time I walked through the lobby, I also got the impression that perhaps this hotel is being used to house those who lost their homes.

At first, the second floor room appeared as though this was a brand-new hotel, complete with modern furnishings. But upon closer inspection, you can see it's not. The AC/heat unit sat upon a rusted frame. The tub clearly had not been renovated, though it was certainly clean.

In all honesty, I don't really know what to make of this place. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt after all the folks there have been through. And there was nothing truly "bad." But it just gave off an unsettling vibe.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank HonestReviewForU
Reviewed August 1, 2007

I feel the need to post because I strongly disagree with the reviews posted. I found the place to be well equipped, ie internet, public computers with printing options, iron, blowdryer, etc, but in serious need of renovation. The paint in my room was peeling; the room smelled of musty, urine like odor; the carpet was stained and old; the curtains were stained; the air conditioning vent faced only the bed with no ability for adjustment so you freeze as you sleep through the night; and the furniture was all scratched up. The bed was reasonably comfortable but the state of the room made me want to keep my shoes on the whole time I was in the room. For $150/ night I expected more. A good deal at $100 but not for $150. I haven't stayed in Metairie in the past so I am unable to compare to other hotels in the area. I am hopeful that this hotel is not 'above average' as listed.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank noteworthy
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and letting everyone know how your stay was while visiting the city. I hope that the next time you are down in the BIG EASY you can come and relax in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for your time and opinion it really does make a difference for us to see what our customers are feeling. So, come back and let us know what you think of the new room.