“Good location Good Value”

Courtyard New Orleans Metairie
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were in Metairie for a funeral. We drove over without reservations,etc. I was scanning TripAdvisor and my husband was driving. Found this hotel at a great deal for 86.40 plus tax, fees, etc. Very clean and the employees were super nice. We weren't here long, just to sleep and get ready for the funeral. Still we were pleased with the price and value.

Room Tip: Although it seems the a/c is a wall/window unit - it isn't. It is controlled by a thermostat on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
RaeesHarrisMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

We are so pleased that decided stay with us at the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie during your time of need and also that you thought all our team members were, "super nice". We try very hard to make sure each and every guest has the best experience possible! Thank you for taking the time and reviewing us on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We were passing through New Orleans and didn't want to spend the high French Quarter/Downtown rates or deal with the activity of the city at night. We stayed here which is a perfect location if you are looking for something close to the city and the airport but not directly in the city.

The hotel seems to have been renovated recently and was a nice Courtyard. When I stayed it was packed for a large group (looked like a family reunion) who seemed to leave a bit of a mess wherever they went. I felt sorry for the cleaning staff. But the room I was in was nice but did have some spill stains in the carpet. Jamie at the front desk was very kind and very professional. I felt for her because the lobby was packed, people were checking in, the phone was ringing and she was all alone. I had a small issue at check in but she resoved it in a professional, thoughtful manner and I appreciated that.

A very good option if you don't want to be in the heart of the city madness and the rate will be much more agreeable here as well. My cab ride to the French Quarter was $28 on the meter and Marriott properties downtown and in the Quarter were over double in cost from what I paid here. The only downside was some things in the lobby and common areas were a bit dirty but that may have been magnified by the large group that filled the hotel during my stay. I would stay here again certainly.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kench
RaeesHarrisMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

We really enjoyed reading your thoughts and cannot thank you enough for sharing such a pleasant and detailed review. We are graciously happy to hear about our guest's great experiences and hear about areas that we can improve in. Most of our guests love the fact that we have free parking and not too far from the French Quarter. We hope that whether it is business or leisure, we will have the pleasure of having you again at the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here for work for almost two entire weeks. The staff was pretty friendly; however, they seemed to be either short staffed in their cleaning department - or they were all new. In the two weeks that I was there approximately 4 days my room was never cleaned. I'm really not too fussy. I just really want clean towels and the dirty ones taken. I was gone all day most days and wouldn't get back until after 5:00 and the room was never touched. This was disappointing. I was traveling with a coworker who also had the same problem. She was told because we were at the end of the hallway that we were effected the most. After she complained our rooms were cleaned every day.

As all Courtyards, they have a bistro area to order food. There are decent options if you don't feel like going out.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tara K
Michelle D, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we appreciate you letting us know our housekeeping service opportunities. Your comments will absolutely be brought to the appropriate departments so this will not be an issue in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to winning you back on your next visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel is in a good location, a short distance from the interstate but yet a bit secluded so there is minimal noise. The check-in process was fast. The lobby looks newly renovated with a lounge area and a little cafe/store that serves Starbucks coffee. The hallways and room, in general, were clean. The bed was comfortable and they have a mini-fridge in the room which is nice. We did have several issues while staying:

We discovered through the first evening that our toilet was broken. We reported the problem and it was fixed by the time we came back the next night.

There were only two towels in our room when we arrived on the first day. The second day the cleaners took all the towels but did not replace them. When we called down for some towels a nice man brought up an entire garbage bag filled with towels.....
There is no trashcan in the bathroom. This seems odd to me!
When we wanted to watch a movie on the TV using our Ipad we had to call down to get a special remote (to change the input value). Unfortunately, they only have ONE of these remotes and the one we were given did not work for our TV!

All in all it was an ok stay. Would I stay here again....maybe, hesitantly.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our entire team. At the Courtyard we take guests feedback very seriously and use it as a way to grow and serve our guest better and also as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your toilet, remote and housekeeping, these situations have now been addressed with the leadership team and staff. We would love if you came back to stay with us so that we can make your next experience unforgettable.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This location was very convenient. We had to go to the children's hospital everyday. The interstate was easy on and easy off. The staff was very helpful and the room was very nice. The hotel was clean inside and out. I had to use the laundry and they even had free soap. We will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Michelle D, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you so much for positive review! We are elated that our location was easy for your daily travel, and that we were a welcoming, clean and comfortable hotel for you and your family to come home to. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at the Metairie Courtyard last week for business. Hotel is nicely updated, rooms are very clean and staff was friendly. What I liked most at this courtyard was that I was given a free breakfast for my Marriott Rewards Platinum status. If you're a Marriott Rewards member you know that Courtyards stopped offering free breakfast and coffee and if you're like me you've stopped going to courtyards. I usually stay in the French Quarter when I'm in town but booked in Metairie because I was looking for a little less "hustle and bustle" on this trip. Thank you Metairie Courtyard for acknowledging a Platinum Elite member! I'll be back, ...next week in fact :).

One downside to this location was there's not a whole lot in walking distance. You have to drive to Veterans Blvd to find the restaurants/bars to have dinner.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service and improve. We are so humbled that we succeeded in making your stay with us pleasant and that you decided to give our brand another chance. We are pleased to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again to enjoy newly renovated rooms our team will strive hard to make your stay comfortable and smooth. We look forward to having you back with us!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My room was booked by a friend but he didn't "negotiate' in advance, it was also just for one night. My rate was excluding breakfast and not particular cheap for a Hotel like this. Better to book it via a Booking.com or similar internet seller for a better deal. The room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
RaeesHarrisMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

I was happy to read about your recent experience here at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. As your delight and satisfaction is our constant mission, it was our pleasure to have you spend your stay in New Orleans with us and we hope that your visit was memorable. I kindly thank you for your thoughtful recognition of our property and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. Feel free to contact me if you deicide to come back and I can help you with making reservations.