“Save the Trip”

Courtyard New Orleans Metairie
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My travel partner and I had been planning a trip to Jazz Fest for a year. When we arrived in NOLA the B&B that a friend recommended was a non-working disaster. We showed up the opening day of Jazz Fest at the Courtyard looking for two room for 4 nights. The manager and staff could not have been more accommodating. Tim at the front desk got us just what we ask for!!! It was very refreshing to experience such a positive can do attitude from a hotel staff. TWO THUMBS UP Courtyard!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ken H
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking to time to write a review on your stay with us here in Metairie. I will be sure to let Tim know that he made a positive impact on your experience in the city. Sorry you travel to the city started so rough, but I am glad we could be a part of turning your travels around. Please come back and see us when you return.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard New Orleans Metairie

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were in New Orleans for the weekend but our hotel that we were staying at was only available for one night. We decided to head into Metarie to find a hotel at a more "reasonable price". My son got sick on the short drive from New Orleans to Metarie and to keep him from throwing up in my truck I just pulled into the first hotel I came to. While the hotel is very nice and clean, 200.00 a night just isn't my cup of tea. If it hadn't have been for my son needing a place to lay his head immediatley I would have walked out. The beds were comfortable though and the room was nice and large. We had a room on the 5th floor and the elevator was very slow! They have a "bistro" on the first floor and they serve Starbucks Coffee. No free breakfast and no coffee in the lobby. There is a small coffee maker in the room. Even though the staff was very nice and since my son was sick made sure that we could check in immediatley, the price just isn't in my budget for the next trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope he is feeling better now. I just wanted to take the time to thank you for taking your time and writing a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that everyone you encountered was up to our standards of service. I also appreciate your review of our rooms. I hope that your next travel down our prices are a little lower so you can choose to stay with us again. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This property appeared to be recently renovated. We were in a room on the 5th floor. Comfy bed and pillows - what I come to expect from Marriott Hotels. The lobby has a nice set up in the dining area where there are alcoves for eating and watching a separate TV, so we all aren't subjected to the Fox 'News' nuts that it seems so many hotel lobby TVs are tuned to.

However the price was not what I expect from a Courtyard Marriott. For a fairly standard, upper mid range hotel, the price we paid was quite high. $200+. I needed a hotel near the Airport on the edge of the city for one night, but next time, I will search for and stay at a similar hotel at a lower rate, or this hotel if they offer a lower rate.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms have been renovated.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and letting everyone know how your stay was while visiting the city. I hope that the next time you are down in the BIG EASY you can come and relax in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for your time and opinion it really does make a difference for us to see what our customers are feeling. So, come back and let us know what you think of the new room.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not the best and not the worst that I've said at. Located right off I-10, it is easy to get to and from. (Took no more than 15 minutes to downtown). Front desk staff was super friendly and sped through the check-in process. They were also helpful in pointing out places to eat.
The lobby, sitting area, bar and restaurant have been nicely redone. The rooms now need to follow suit. The bathrooms specifically. Just a little facelift please!
While its free, it's hard to complain about, but the wifi was pretty slow.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and letting everyone know how your stay was while visiting the city. I just wanted to let you know that we are starting a rooms renovation in July so our rooms will match our beautiful lobby area. We are also going to offer our guests a premium connection for their internet speed. This will be at a cost, but will allow for those wanting faster service to have that bandwith allocated to them. I hope that the next time you are down in the BIG EASY you can come and relax in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for your time and opinion it really does make a difference for us to see what our customers are feeling. So, come back and let us know what you think of the new room.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Close enough to the port of New Orleans...very nice hotel with free parking, easy access to I-10
Nice comfortable bed very quiet. Had breakfast for a fee comfortable bed and large flat screen tv
Lovely lobby with snacks and beverages for purchase.

Room Tip: Looking for a hotel not far from New Orleans this is the hotel... It was very clean easy and free pa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jana D

Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you want to pick a place not in the NO downtown area also not too far from airport, this hotel might not be a bad choice. Service is very good and room is clean. Tried the wings at the lobby cafe and it was very good. Don't understand why they charged $7 for a bottle of beer at the Marketplace.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

What can one say about a standard purpose-built Marriott Courtyard? Well, if it is in New Orleans, one can say quite a bit.

While it is only a mile or so from the Marriott Lakeside, where I often stay for family visits to New Orleans, I chose the Courtyard for value and location. It was a mile from Andreas Restaurant where the wedding rehearsal dinner was to be held and also a mile from the church where the wedding was to be.

However, New Orleans is a compact city, well tied together by Interstate 10 and its tributaries. This hotel turned out to be within 10 or 15 minutes of almost any place in the city. While the Marriott Lakeside has very prompt valet parking, it is just not as convenient as being able to park right by the front door.

If you are a first time tourist to NO, I recommend that you choose a hotel in the central business district where you can walk to restaurants, casinos, shopping, the aquarium, the Vieux Carre, and the Riverwalk. However, if you are a return visitor who wants to visit the neighborhoods, parks, and the lake front, this may be the place for you.

When I return in June for my sixty year high school class reunion, I plan to
stay here again.

Room Tip: Three elevators but not swift. I chose a low floor. Quiet neighborhood and clientele.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family