“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Close enough to the port of New Orleans...very nice hotel with free parking, easy access to I-10
Nice comfortable bed very quiet. Had breakfast for a fee comfortable bed and large flat screen tv
Lovely lobby with snacks and beverages for purchase.

Room Tip: Looking for a hotel not far from New Orleans this is the hotel... It was very clean easy and free pa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jana D
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and letting everyone know how your stay was while visiting the city. I hope that the next time you are down in the BIG EASY you can come and relax in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for your time and opinion it really does make a difference for us to see what our customers are feeling. So, come back and let us know what you think of the new room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you want to pick a place not in the NO downtown area also not too far from airport, this hotel might not be a bad choice. Service is very good and room is clean. Tried the wings at the lobby cafe and it was very good. Don't understand why they charged $7 for a bottle of beer at the Marketplace.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New Canaan, CT USA
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What can one say about a standard purpose-built Marriott Courtyard? Well, if it is in New Orleans, one can say quite a bit.

While it is only a mile or so from the Marriott Lakeside, where I often stay for family visits to New Orleans, I chose the Courtyard for value and location. It was a mile from Andreas Restaurant where the wedding rehearsal dinner was to be held and also a mile from the church where the wedding was to be.

However, New Orleans is a compact city, well tied together by Interstate 10 and its tributaries. This hotel turned out to be within 10 or 15 minutes of almost any place in the city. While the Marriott Lakeside has very prompt valet parking, it is just not as convenient as being able to park right by the front door.

If you are a first time tourist to NO, I recommend that you choose a hotel in the central business district where you can walk to restaurants, casinos, shopping, the aquarium, the Vieux Carre, and the Riverwalk. However, if you are a return visitor who wants to visit the neighborhoods, parks, and the lake front, this may be the place for you.

When I return in June for my sixty year high school class reunion, I plan to
stay here again.

Room Tip: Three elevators but not swift. I chose a low floor. Quiet neighborhood and clientele.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank whmurray
tupelo
Reviewed March 8, 2013

everything was great,from check-in to chech-out,rooms very nice,very kid friendly,location was convenient to french quarters,and other places,cafe was was average for a hotel,room were nice and clean,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank c r
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've stayed at this property several times while in New Orleans for fun and family business. We stayed here most recently during Mardi Gras 2013 weekend. We arrived around 2100 and there was no one at the front desk when I entered. After waiting a few minutes, someone came out from the back. She was friendly, recognized my Platinum Premier status, and offered me my Platinum arrival gift. She also let me know I had breakfast included in my rate, something I didn't realize!

The hotel is one of the "updated" Courtyard properties. We were on the top (sixth) floor, near the stairwell. If we had been on a lower floor I would have been concerned about noise from the stairwell door, but figured not many people would be using the stairs! Even though it was Mardi Gras weekend, we didn't hear other guests. I also did not hear any traffic noise. The room was the standard Courtyard room, however it was a tight fit to get around the foot of the bed on one side as the sofa was about a foot away. There was a mini-fridge (it's "hidden" in the dresser), coffee maker, hair dryer, desk, etc. in the room. There is free WiFi, and we had no issues with the speed. An in-room safe would be nice!

The first morning I stopped at the front desk and asked for some feather pillows and when we returned later in the day they were in the room. We ended up not having housekeeping after our second night there - We had been gone all day and when we returned late in the afternoon we were tired and didn't want to leave the room for cleaning. When the housekeeper knocked on the door I asked for some washcloths and she cheerfully gave us some fresh ones. All I wanted for breakfast was some juice and a piece of fruit. The first morning the person working in the cafe apologized that they had not received their shipment and let me get a second juice instead. The next morning a different person was working in the cafe and when I asked if I could get a second juice instead of food, I was told that was not possible. We checked out early on Sunday morning, and when I asked at the front desk I was told the cafe would open at 0700.

There was an ice machine, but no vending machines, on our floor. The lobby has one of the touch screen monitors, as is standard in the updated Courtyards. You can get information on restaurants, etc. The area where the property is located is mostly hotels and office buildings. There are a couple of restaurants that you could walk to, but for most you would need a car, or taxi. Many times when we were either returning to the hotel or leaving, there was a taxi out front.

I received my bill under the door, and it was correct, so check-out went quickly. This location is convenient for going to the parades in Metairie. Since the property is just off Causeway Boulevard, we would take Causeway up to Lakeside Shopping Center and park there for the parade. It's not too far of a drive from New Orleans, and less expensive than staying in the city, and you don't pay for parking. I'm sure we'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The man at the front desk during check in was rude at best. However, his co-worker that was helping other guests seemed helpful and was very friendly. A different front desk person during check out the next morning wasn't much better. The king room was average size, no fridge or microwave. The bed was very comfortable with good linens but had the "hotel linen" smell. Bathroom seemed clean except for left over hair on floor and in tub. Felt it was over priced for the quality of the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Is a great hotel for business. All of the staff were friendly and eager to help. The hotel was very clean. The only problem I had was the electrical outlets in the room. Some of the plugs new ti replace,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt with your stay. I am so glad that your stay with us was enjoyable. We will adress the the outlet situation in the room from your response. Again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you here again soon.