“Cutting Slack Based on Location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Metairie

Courtyard New Orleans Metairie
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
VA
“Cutting Slack Based on Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2008

I don't know what condition this hotel was in before Katrina or right after. Today, it's sort of a hodge-podge.

The lobby is beautiful and the desk folks are friendly. There's a PC and printer free for use. But each time I walked through the lobby, I also got the impression that perhaps this hotel is being used to house those who lost their homes.

At first, the second floor room appeared as though this was a brand-new hotel, complete with modern furnishings. But upon closer inspection, you can see it's not. The AC/heat unit sat upon a rusted frame. The tub clearly had not been renovated, though it was certainly clean.

In all honesty, I don't really know what to make of this place. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt after all the folks there have been through. And there was nothing truly "bad." But it just gave off an unsettling vibe.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Unsettlling aura about the place
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank HonestReviewForU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2007

I feel the need to post because I strongly disagree with the reviews posted. I found the place to be well equipped, ie internet, public computers with printing options, iron, blowdryer, etc, but in serious need of renovation. The paint in my room was peeling; the room smelled of musty, urine like odor; the carpet was stained and old; the curtains were stained; the air conditioning vent faced only the bed with no ability for adjustment so you freeze as you sleep through the night; and the furniture was all scratched up. The bed was reasonably comfortable but the state of the room made me want to keep my shoes on the whole time I was in the room. For $150/ night I expected more. A good deal at $100 but not for $150. I haven't stayed in Metairie in the past so I am unable to compare to other hotels in the area. I am hopeful that this hotel is not 'above average' as listed.

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — Conditions
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank noteworthy
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and letting everyone know how your stay was while visiting the city. I hope that the next time you are down in the BIG EASY you can come and relax in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for your time and opinion it really does make a difference for us to see what our customers are feeling. So, come back and let us know what you think of the new room.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed there for a weekend trip. Since I was concerned about New Orleans we chose to stay here.
We booked though the hotels website and got a room that included the breakfast buffet.
The hotel was clean on the outside and inside. Great location and I felt very safe. Check in was easy. The room was bright and clean with the best bed I've ever slept in (didn't want to go out and sight see, it was so comfortable).Bathroom was a fair size. Limited TV stations.
The lobby had free internet and a big screen.
The buffet was amazing. Everything was freshly made.
I didn't use the fitness rooms or pool area but did take a peek and they seemed fine.
The staff was very friendly and everyone had a smile and answered any questions.
Overall this was a great hotel and I would go back in a minute and we will stay here the next time we go.

• Liked — The bed, food and people.
  • Disliked — For the area, the price was a little high.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Crystal G
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2006

We were in New Orleans for our daughters wedding and enjoyed the entire 5 night stay at the Courtyard Metairie. From the moment we checked in, we felt welcome and at home. As usual, the upcoming wedding required some special requests and all the staff took care of our every need. Consuela went out of her way to assist our requests at the Front Desk, with a smile and a warm attitude. With all the damage and disorganization in New Orleans from Katrina, this hotel put on an impressive show. The rooms were clean and the beds were great. We relaxed and enjoyed the wedding thanks to all the folks at the Courtyard. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank SpeedsterM
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2006

The Courtyard by Marriott, 2 Galleria Blvd, in Metairie was well maintained, staffed by helpful people and has large, clean rooms. The beds were very comfortable. I would defintely stay here again.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2006

It's hard to review a hotel in the New Orleans area, given the ongoing effects of Katrina, because they are all so greatly understaffed. But I think the Courtyard is doing the best it can under the circumstances. Our room was huge, we had six pillows on each bed, and the beds were more than generous in size. The shower has a massage head. The room was quiet. Most of the staff were friendly. The pool and hot tub looked very nice.

Breakfast, an all-you-can-eat buffet, costs $9.95 for adults, $3.95 for kids. When we started eating, we didn't know it wasn't free, but once we started I was glad we had stayed. A chef makes omelettes to order, or you can make your own waffles, there's fresh fruit, great biscuits and gravy, even the eggs were great. The service wasn't very good, but given that each person was doing the work of 2 or 3, that can be forgiven.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank beertrav
FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2005

The rooms were nice and clean. The rates were affordable. The breakfast was okay but overpriced. Overall, I would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed June 2004