“Very good hotel for extended stay trips.”

Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here from November 2013 thru January 2014. Extremely helpful and professional staff. Any little issue that arose was handled quickly and cheerfuly by the staff. Nice comfortable rooms. Plenty of hot water, a little slow to start but got hot. Thanks Mandy, Dwayne and Carlette for your restaurant advice and making me feel at home. I will stay here again on my next visit.
Winfred A. Dogan

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We went to New Orleans just for the weekend. We arrived at this hotel and we had driven 8 hours and we had arrived just about an hour before check in time. They did not have a room ready, which I understood because it was 1 hour before check in. I was a little surprised at the lack of house cleaning staff though since the hotel desk clerk appeared to be vacuuming out rooms and carrying linens to the rooms. When we finally were checked in, the room (even though it was non smoking) had an odor of cigarettes and stale cooked food. The beds were made and linens appeared to be clean. The restroom was very outdated, yet looked clean. This place was good for 1 or 2 nights, but I would not suggest an extended stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 31, 2014

First off let me start by saying I was upset with priceline.com for booking this hotel., I wanted something like the Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn but I got The Extended Stay America in stead., now back to my stay., The Hotel was beautiful very well kept quite., so convenient to just about any and everything you want., best of all I-Hop directly across the street.

The STAFF was very professional and friendly., and Mr. DWAYNE I WANT TO PERSONAL Thank you for your help in helping me and my significant other with some great advice on where to find some good Louisiana food., there's one particular restaurant he recommended for us to try out and let me tell you OMG delicious from beginning to the end. ! New Orleans Food and Spirits!!!

Room Tip: Don't let the 2star rating decided for you this hotel was worth every penny and very affordable
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Sabrina - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and services. It is also very rewarding to hear you had a memorable birthday trip with us. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Thank you to Donna at the front desk for helping fix a reservation mix up. I reserved a room for my brothers family and the reservation was for one bed but they needed two. Donna corrected this even though it was my fault. My brother said the room was bigger and nicer than he thought it would be and enjoyed their stay. The hotel is very convenient to I-10 which makes it great for travelers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to hear that Donna was able to assist you in correcting your reservation. She was very pleased to receive your kind remarks. As well, I’m glad that you found our location to be convenient. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for over a week on business. Hotel was very clean. Bed was comfy. Staff was polite and friendly.
Nice little bar/grill behind the hotel that had decent food.
Parking was easy even with my big truck.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, polite staff and our free parking. As well, I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I had business south of Metairie Louisiana and didn't want to bring my wife down to the bayou so i decided Metairie was perfect. I had stayed at Extended Stay Americas before in Indiana and Tennesssee and was always very happy. She had never stayed at one and i assured her of how NICE they were..whoops. After checking in we observed that this place was not very clean and had a bunch of beer drinking pipeline workers wandering all over the building. We were told that breakfast was set out at 6am so we turned in for the night hearing drunken babble in the hallway until past midnight. Morning came and we went down for the (breakfast) and found it to consist of watered down coffee,rotten apples and oranges and out of date oatmeal and oatmeal bars. I was more than disappointed and told the lady working behind the counter "the oatmeal bars are stale and three months expired" she told me that was impossible and that they were new. I grabbed a handful of them and showed her the Dec 13 exp date and this being Feb 26 14 that meant they were old. She remained adamant that i was wrong despite the date on the package and started pulling out paperwork to show me they were new..SERIOUSLY!!!! I told her i was going to work and she was wrong and i could hear her mumbling about me as i walked out the door. This place after further examination is one of the filthiest and unmanaged places we have ever stayed and other than Donna the afternoon desk clerk had an extremely rude staff. We will NEVER stay at one of these again and hope this review helps anyone from having our experience. There were some highpoints in Metairie (see our review of Ron's Gumbo stop) thank you!! David M

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful. I stayed for 5 nights. I had free parking. It met my needs for the stay. They fulfilled my request of a special room. However, there was animal hair on the carpet which affected my and my child's allergies. There were men that sat outside the back door occasionally which made me feel uncomfortable when entering/exiting the building. It took a little while to get hot water, but it was fine.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly during your stay with us. As well, I am happy that your free parking met your travel needs. Still, I apologize for the animal hair you found in your room upon arrival. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure this problem does not occur in the future. As well, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to the individuals gathered outside of our hotel. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continuously strive to improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.