La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
$71
ExtendedStay
$94
$119
Sleep Inn & Suites(Metairie)(Great Value!)
$71
$93
$109
$61
Groupon.com
All reviewsnew orleansroom was cleanboiled eggsfrench quarterwafflesplace to sleepfelt safewould stay againeasy accessclose to the airportfree breakfastinterstatepetsdowntownproximitymicrowavenola
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This La Quinta Inn is a nice hotel for this location. It located near I-10 and not far from anything off Veterans. It also nice to have Denny's next door. We had a king size bed and this room has the microwave and ref. The room also has HD television and I was watching NFL Network which is nice when you are a football's fan.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We recently stayed at this motel the night before we boarded a cruise ship. We were only looking for a clean place to stay that did not cost too much but would be OK. We did not want to stay in The French Quarter because of the cost and we did not want to board the ship hung over or still drunk, as would have happened if we stayed in the French Quarter.

This is an older motel but they have tried to upgrade it as much as possible. My initial reaction upon driving to the motel, even though we had pre-paid a non refundable fee for the night was we will go somewhere else. We stayed and it was OK. But that was about it.

This will probably sound snobbish but we usually stay at motels a notch or two above this place. For the price, in the area it is in, it was a good deal.

The room was clean. Everything was in order, Everything worked.

The room had a terrible type odor to it though. That is the reason I would not return to this motel. Not sure if it was some type of mold or what.

The breakfast was a joke to the point of being an insult. Do not bother to go down and check it out.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have stayed at LaQuinta before in Kenner and we were very satisfied. We came to the one in Metairie because my Mom is at Metairie Healthcare. The day we were leaving I was told to call to see if we could check in earlier than 3:00. When I called the clerk was very short with me as if I were bothering her and I was told to call back at 11:00. I pretty much received the same response. We told here we had requested a room on the first floor with double beds and if possible by the pool. The pool was not a must. I was then told they don't even have double beds on the first floor. Instead of saying I'm sorry you were told that, she acted as though too bad you were told that and that the call center for reservations does not know what kind of rooms they have. I called the same # to make the reservation. If she would have been nicer, I would have said it's not your fault, but she was very rude as if we were being given a favor for being able to stay there. Needless to say we stayed 1 night instead of 3 and will never come to this location again. Very disappointed after driver 5 l/2 hours.

Room Tip: Make sure they have what you asked for before traveling. This place is too close to interstate. The traffic will keep you awake off and on all night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family