“wasn't happy with this hotel”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans Causeway
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Metairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

older hotel, not very nice. Main problem was the bugs in our room. I sat my iced tea on the night stand .....reached to pick it up a few minutes later & it was COVERED in bugs!! That's just nasty! Won't stay there again! Was not at all what I expected it to be! Also didn't like the fact that the rooms have outside doors. Glad that they accepted my pet....but I've stayed in lots of other pet friendly hotels that are always nice, clean , & safe. This one was none of the 3!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank z28blondie
Chickamauga, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds were clean and very comfortable! And the highlight of the stay is just a short walk away! Make sure you visit Ristorante Filippo. A wonderful little Italian restaurant about a block away. Chef/owner Phillip is a sweetheart, and he sure knows how to cook some Chicken Marsala!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay. The only complaint we had was it was a little hard to access from the freeway, once you exit onto Causeway Blvd you have to go down 2 blocks then turn right go a half a block and make a u turn back to causeway then left back up 2 blocks to get to the entrance to the hotel. It was a little confusing. I know it's not the hotels fault but other than that everything was fine to us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The pic of the front is misleading. I guess that was done when La Quinta took the property over. As you enter the parking lot you see the old two story motel. The teenage girls I was with said "Oh no, I am NOT staying here!" but I said to wait, let's check out the room. The beds looked clean, as did the sink and the tub. (I didn't see the dead roach by the back of the toilet until the next day.) I figured we were just there to sleep so it would be okay. I had to laugh remembering reading the review about no washcloths. They do seem to be a premium item. We were never left 4 towels, even though I registered 4 people, and the max washcloth allotment must be 2. I kept having to go ask for washcloths and an extra towel. The third night, they didn't have ANY washcloths to give me, not even down in the storeroom, so she gave me extra hand towels to use. As the cleaning lady snidely pointed out, "there are towels by the pool for that use, your people keep using room towels and that's why you're running out". My "people" never used the postage-stamp sized pool. If you like washcloths, find a place to hang yours and reuse it.
Breakfast is minimal, but there are 2 waffle makers. In a regular hotel, if there was no place to sit, it would be easy to take the elevator up to your room and eat. We would have had to cross a rainy parking lot. There are 7 small round tables with 2 chairs at each. I waited a little while and scoped out people about to finish to pounce on their table. (I apologize if you were one of the ones I was staring at as you sipped your coffee and visited, but we had places to go and needed to sit down to eat!) We pulled it away from the wall and rounded up a couple extra chairs from tables with only one person sitting at each.
For the cheap rate I got this room for, I won't complain any more, but I also would rather pay a little more next time and get a nicer place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Came into town with water everywhere. Stopped by here with coupon. Got a room no problem. The room was clean and dry. LOL. However, toilet stopped up first try. Called front desk and they promplty came and fixed and cleaned mess. Second try still a problem. They swtched us to upstairs room. Once again clean but only had pillows on one bed. No biggie for us as we were only using one bed. Pillowcases were there so I guess they just forgot replace them. Did not get the girl's name at front desk but she was awesome. Don't think the plumbing was totally their fault, She was calling parish because of flooding. Only drawback was people slamming doors. Once again, not their fault.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our room was very clean and comfortable as you would hope for. Our only complaint truly has nothing to do with the motel itself. Getting to it was not easy, but that is more to do with the road infrastructure in the area. It's a headache getting to and away from the motel because of a complicated road system. It's very tricky and until you figure it out, expect to miss your turn and go down the block a time or two to get to it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family