“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2004

New Orleans was great. However, we arrived a day earlier then initially planned and had to find a place to stay for the night. What a mistake it was to stay at the Travelodge. Other lodgers were yelling very loudly from 4-6 am. The front desk would not take action to deal with the situation and NO ONE was able to sleep during that time. I feared for my family's safety.
Additionally, the bathrooom door and toilet barely worked. The carpet was disgusting. My 10 month old son was covered with a sooty grime after crawling around on the carpet for a few minutes. We had to hold him the entire time we were there. The room smelled badly even though it was a "non-smoking" room. I don't ask for much from a motel room, but this was the worst place I've stayed in the last five years.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2004

I loved New Orleans and had a great time there, however, we couldn't get to our hotel until the next day, so we had to find one for our first night. We ended up at the Travel Lodge in Metairie and it was a nightmare! We had taken a taxi into New Orleans and got back about 2:00 a.m. I went to turn down the covers on my bed and the sheets looked crumpled and slept in. OK, I thought I could turn the sheets inside out, but lo and behold, the bottom sheet had already been turned inside out!! Then I threw the covers back a little more and to my horror, there was hair in my bed! My sister checked her bed out and it also had hair in it. These beds had not been cleaned for at least two weeks, probably more. There was not only hair but dirt between the sheets. I am convinced that others had just turned the bottom sheet inside out instead of complaining. We also still had a used coffee bag in the coffee pot and we did not have a new bag for coffee in the morning. I was literally disgusted with this room. These bed were filthy!!! I have been searching for the site for the Travel Lodge because I feel they need to know what kind of people are representing them. This night manager (foreign) stood at my door at 3:00 in the morning and handed me clean sheets. I even had to make the beds myself! There was also a customer form filled out which had not been picked up, full of complaints, as well as our own. I do believe they do not have a maid service, they just come in and make beds and put in clean towels. This was the most otrocious hotel I have ever been in. I just feel like Travel Lodge needs to know. Thank You, a disgusted traveler, Rena J. Williams. PS: I will come back to New Orleans, but not Metairie! I hope this will get to the Travel Lodge main office.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
4.5 of 5 stars 492 reviews
Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport
InTown Suites Metairie Extended Stay
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Hotel & Suites

Been to Knights Inn Metairie? Share your experiences!