WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
fun4oli
“Pretty terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I think this place serves just one purpose like for me when I cam in to New Orleans airport after midnight and looked for a (somewhat) cheap place to sleep and then go on the next morning. It is one of these pretty run down places where you don't want to step on the carpet with bare feet, in an isolated area somewhere by the train tracks and warehouses. I paid 70 bucks at Kayak, but next time I would spend a bit more money and use one of the nicer other chain hotels/motels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank fun4oli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Knights Inn needs a LOT of repair and maintenance. The outside surfaces are in really bad condition and are falling apart. Too bad I can't rate this a zero. Room interior is better, but still is only "so-so". Take your valuables out of your car and into your room. Watch your step on the stairs, because of loose, broken, and missing stair treads.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobfox98
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Average hotel, stayed here 4 nights for business, nothing fancy but rooms were clean, reserved a smoking King room with a fridge & Micro. Front desk staff checked me in promptly and maid service came by every day. There was loud music playing at night but only lasted a couple of hours. They have a Sonics drive thru next door. Area does feel rough after dark but I had no problems. I would stay here again if back in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back due to road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

We booked this motel only to have a place to stay before departing on a Caribbean cruise. BIG mistake was to book the cruise just before Mardi Gras. This place was the only game in town. I had read other reviews and was not inclined to stay here and was searching on Hotels.com/Expedia.com and spoke with their representative, she Assured me that any property they use was safe/okay, etc. even when I expressed my concerns. With that in mind, and for just one night we thought it would be okay. Wrong. Even the taxi driver who dropped us off asked why we were staying there. We got to our room and it was acceptable overall, considering our circumstances. The scariest thing was that the door did NOT LOCK! The fold over latch did but that did not give us a warm fuzzy. We barricaded the door against the dresser as best we could with chairs and the ironing board. We were kept up most of the night by slamming doors, loud voices, and knocking on other doors, which somewhat abated after those people went in to Mardi Gras. We slept fitfully until they returned about 4 a.m. and we just waited until the morning arrived. When we went to check out, we encountered two other couples/families who had endured the same experience, the family of four being given a single bed for the four of them and their room was not even ready until well after midnight! We have felt more secure in border town hotels in Mexico than this place. And why on earth have doors right next to the window?
The staff were nice but this place was pretty scary.

Room Tip: Try a different motel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank estwhiletraveler
Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

Stayed here and other remarks above put me off stayed here before better this time going through major reconstruction was clean, yes few cigarette marks but this is why its so cheap without any frills not as bad as what others have before said, short drive from airport and down town.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2004

New Orleans was great. However, we arrived a day earlier then initially planned and had to find a place to stay for the night. What a mistake it was to stay at the Travelodge. Other lodgers were yelling very loudly from 4-6 am. The front desk would not take action to deal with the situation and NO ONE was able to sleep during that time. I feared for my family's safety.
Additionally, the bathrooom door and toilet barely worked. The carpet was disgusting. My 10 month old son was covered with a sooty grime after crawling around on the carpet for a few minutes. We had to hold him the entire time we were there. The room smelled badly even though it was a "non-smoking" room. I don't ask for much from a motel room, but this was the worst place I've stayed in the last five years.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member