WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“They Damaged the walls after my Son Left and then called him and told him they were charging $250 for the room.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport

Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Lafayette, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My Son and Friends who are Platinum IHG Members and stay at IHG hotels every month went to the Voodoo festival for the weekend and left the room dirty but not damaged. After being gone for 30 minutes the hotel called them and told them they were charging them $250 in damages for damage done to the room. We (our family) stays in hotels altogether over 250 nights a year. We have over a million IHG points between the 4 of us. We have never damaged a room at any hotel chain and we belong to all of them. This is the first time this has ever happened. I have no clue as to if the Maid was pissed because they left the room a mess or what but they are not rock stars that damage rooms and they weren't brought up that way. I find this very disturbing that this would happen at one of our chain of hotels that we frequent quite often.

Room Tip: Don't go there and Piss them off they will damage the room and try to charge you for it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Hattershide66,
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience to your family. I would like to discuss this matter further with you, please call me at 504-373-5946. I hope to hear from you soon.
Rick Engel, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was one of the few hotels that offered a free shuttle from the airport. We called when we landed and they were there in about 20 minutes. The driver made an unexplained detour to the mall and waited for a bit, then continued to the airport. We would have asked him why - but he didnt speak english. Once at the hotel the smell of mold/mildew smacks you in the face as soon as you walk in the door. At check in we were told the room we reserved wasnt available and that they were sold out. That wasnt going to work and after about 15 minutes she "found" a room. The elevator was filthy and once up on the floor the smell of mildew was even stronger. The room itself was very small and dark and, of course, stank. The bed was fine but the bathroom was very old. They have made some attempts at a remodel but there was no way I was getting in the shower. We stayed elsewhere the rest of the trip.

The sole saving grace of the place is the restaurant. While breakfast is not included it was reasonably priced for 2 people. The food was typical hotel breakfast, nothing special. Hotel loyalty members get 25% off.

Room Tip: As far from the elevators as possible. They are very old and the "ding" is quite loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Jill H,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, it appears we really dropped the ball and did not deliver on our promise of an outstanding stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience.
I hope that you will give us a chance to apologize properly, and the ability to make it up to you by giving me a call at 504-373-5946. I want every guest to leave having an exceptional experience here at the Holiday Inn Metairie.

Walker, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a great hotel in an okay area of New Orleans. My wife and I were unable to book a hotel in the French quarter so we opted to stay here, It was less than a fifteen minute drive in so it was fine. This hotel is kept very well and the staff members we came into contact with were great. I would recommend this hotel to just about any type of traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Donald A,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your romantic getaway and thankful we were part of it!
Thank you for recognizing the staff and cleanliness, and hope that you will enjoy the same next time you visit with us.

-Rick Engel, General Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Listen, this is an OLD hotel that has been remolded.
BUT:
1. The halls smelled musty.
2. My bathroom smelled like urine.
3. My bathroom vent above the sink leaked.
4. My room was extremely small.
5. My coffee maker was missing.
6. Both elevators were dirty and the elevator door was filthy.
7. The noise from the freeway was sooooo loud...big big trucks pass that way and they honk

Now, with all that said,
1. The ladies at the counter were extremely nice and helpful.
2. The lobby was big and clean.

Therefore, the price of 175.00 per night was way too high for that hotel...but everything else was booked that week.
I am sorry but I can not give this hotel any thing more than an "AVERAGE".

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the causeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
swalkerd,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Your feedback has been shared with our staff members in recent meetings and your comments will only help us to improve. I hope that the service provided by our team will earn us another chance. Please let me know if there is anything I can do further by calling me, 504-373-5946.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the fact they had a package deal that would allow us to park car there during cruise and shuttle service to and from cruise terminal for cruise. When we arrived we were very pleased with the facilities, staff etc. Restaurant located in bottom level of hotel had very good food and very reasonably priced as well. Extremely staff in restaurant and we ended up sitting for couple hours that night having drinks and talking with staff. Would recommend to anyone especially for those cruising out of New Orleans. Much better price than staying right downtown and very convient when leaving out after cruise as far as traffic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe E
JoeE,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Thank you for leaving such a detailed description of the cruise package; surely it will help other cruise guests make the same decision.
Thank you for recognizing our team and the restaurant, I am happy to pass along the pat on the back.
We hope you will visit with us again,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

If you have to be in this area, it's a nice, clean hotel. The building itself is a bit dated, but has been nicely remodeled, so is fresh and new looking in most places. The entire staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, even more so than at some much nicer places I've stayed; even the maintenance people were friendly and asked if we needed anything.
One tip is that it's hard to get in and out the front entrance at rush hour; use the rear driveway.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Madison W
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Madison W,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am happy to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and were found friendly and helpful.
I hope that you will visit with us again.
_Rick Engel, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is older but definitely well kept. My family stayed at this hotel while I had surgery and was hospitalized at East Jefferson General Hospital. The staff gave us a medical discount, faxed papers to my doctor's office, and let us check out a day early because I had been discharged from the hospital before expected! Overall, it was a great experience!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Ashklay,
Thank you for reviewing your recent with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
While we regret you had to leave us a day early we are extremely happy it was due to your improved health.
Thank you for mentioning the kindness of the staff , you've given us the best compliment we hope to receive, "Home away from Home".

Please come visit with us again soon,
Correnne