Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport
Residence Inn
$129
Homewood
$71
Sleep Inn & Suites(Metairie)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Pool
$93
$109
$98
All reviewsfront desknew orleansan older hotelfrench quarterlobby areapre cruise stayminute drivestayed one nightshuttle servicebed was very comfortablemardi grashallwaydowntownnolamallinnsdiner
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed there for one night for business. Having the restaurant on the property was a big plus as I was tired and in no mood to get back into my car. I got the grilled salmon topped with grilled shrimp. It was cooked perfect and I would get it again. For sides I had macaroni and cheese and green beans. They too were very good. Service was fast and nice.
The room was nice and clean. I really liked the big pillows. There were a few minor things with the room. When you open the door to enter the room you have to go down a short hall. There was no light switch by the door. You had to make you way down the hall in the dark to find a light switch. Don’t know who would think that was a good idea. In the bathroom there was only one very small bar of soap that I had to use between the shower and sink. When checking out I was told there should have been two bars in the room. Also there was no hook for a towel near the shower.
I would stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

JeffL222,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am sorry to hear that your amenities were not our standard quantity, thank you fro bringing that to our attention.

I am so happy to hear of your experience in the RoundHouse Bar & Grill. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the staff.

Please visit with us again soon,
Correnne

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel when I was in New Orleans. It is always accommodating for quick trips. The restaurant inside the hotel gives you a lot of food for your money. The room was a typical, clean, nice room. There is not a lot of furniture in the room; therefore, you have a lot of open space. The staff was generous. The hotel is not far from the high end mall and a short distance from the Superdome and Bourbon Street. You seem to go against traffic at all times which is a plus. I don't consider the hotel as part of Metairie or a typical airport hotel .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

FlyNurse365,
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am super excited to hear that you found our hotel, restaurant and staff accommodating.
Thank you for also mentioning the proximity to Lakeside Mall and the attraction of downtown New Orleans.

I hope that you visit with us again,
Correnne

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had to stay there just one night. I am still wondering why I didn't change the hotel. I have one excuse- it was late night and I was very tired. The smell was really terrible, I couldn't breath. I didn't see any mold, however something was wrong with the building. Avoid this place, especial if you have problems with asthma. There is no complimentary breakfast like in most Holiday Inns.
The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Atunia,
I am sorry your experience was not our up to standard. We always strive to provide the best for our guests.
As you mentioned, we do not provide a complimentary breakfast, however, we do have a Full Service restaurant that offers the guest a wide variety of menu items and also a buffet, all at affordable costs. Our members even get an additional 25% off of dining.
I can not apologize enough that the room had an odor, Cleanliness is a top priority. I have brought your comment to the management team. Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention.
- Correnne

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very nice hotel. Close to where we needed to be. They were exceptionally friendly and accommodating during our stay. I would definitely recommend it. My only complaint was it is a little pricey for the location.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear jkc58,

Thank you for recently being a guest of the Holiday Inn Metairie and for taking the time to leave a positive review of your stay.

As mentioned, we are a great choice when needing a hotel while away on business. We are the heart of Metairie's business district.

We hope that you had a successful trip and will see us again!

-Correnne

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were driving from Texas to Orlando and we wanted to stop in New Orleans along the way. We got a great deal here for a suite, and even received a larger suite then expected upon arrival. The beds were the most comfortable beds I ever slept in. Plenty of parking around the back, even though some of the surrounding areas looked a little sketchy, felt safe here.
We really just slept here and then moved on our way, but ended up booking this same hotel for our return trip. That time they were very booked, so we ended up in a much smaller room. Our own fault, for not booking it in advance. Even so, still a nice smaller room, such comfortable beds ! I could have slept forever. This location does not offer free breakfast but has a restaurant located in the front. If you are a priority club member you get 10% off your food there. The only thing we used it for was for a cheese pizza for my picky son, but it was good and resonably priced.
We would stay here again, it was very close to the city, within a 15 minute drive to get to the French Quarter.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear mary h,

Thank for leaving such a positive review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
It really means a lot to us that you stayed with us twice during your travels.

You've given future guests a thorough review of the area, mentioning the proximity to the French Quarter, and the discount our Members receive. I hope they enjoy the comfort of the beds as much as you did.

I am very pleased to share your review with our staff! Hope you visit with us again!

-Correnne