“Very friendly and accommodating staff, comfortable rooms”

Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
San Francisco, California
“Very friendly and accommodating staff, comfortable rooms”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn are standouts! They are all so friendly and accommodating. There is a shuttle to/from the airport and if they are not too busy, will take you to places within a few miles radius. It's a bit "far" from New Orleans, about a $25 cab ride, but still relatively close to drive to NOLA. There is a small pool for cooling off, a great restaurant/bar in the hotel, too. They made my stay very enjoyable! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
YankeeFan06,
Thank you for recently being a guest of the Holiday Inn Metairie, and for leaving us such a wonderful review.

As you pointed out, our staff truly is the heart of the hotel. Thank you for taking a moment to recognize us!

Hope that you have safe travels and will be our guest again,
Correnne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I usually stay here when visiting my parents. This stay was different and very enjoyable. The staff work as a team and it is evident from check-in through check-out. The housekeeping staff is improved from my last stay and there seems to be good communication with maintenance staff. Security is improved (I noticed the back door is consistently locked with key access). The location is great and the rooms are well maintained. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear theallygator,
Thank you for being a guest at the Holiday Inn Metairie and for the wonderful review you left us. Your compliments mean so much to the entire staff - I can't wait to post the review in the back of house areas so we can cheer lead our team on a job well done. Thanks again for making that possible.

We can't wait to impress you again,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Even though you are not within walking distance, you are close to everything. The front desk was friendly and the restaurant had some of the best food I had my entire stay in the New Orleans area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Mark I,
Thank you for being a guest at the Holiday Inn Metairie and for leaving such a positive review. Your compliments mean so much to the entire staff - I can't wait to post the review in the back of house areas so we can cheer lead our team on a job well done.
Thanks again for making that possible.

- Correnne
Louisiana
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because we went on a cruise and this hotel was one of the few that offered a package for parking. Tulane had graduation so almost all hotels closer to New Orleans were all booked. At first I was very aggravated because I wanted to stay closer. Now I have to say everything happens for a reason. When we got there the lady at the front desk was so nice and helpful. She showed us the restaurant and told us how to get to our room and explained to us all that came with our package and the imes our shuttle would pick us up and the times they would meet us at the terminal to bring us back. We got to our rooms and it was so wonderful. It was clean and decorated so nice. I had to check a few times to make sure we were in the right hotel. We got two free drinks with our package so my husband went down and got us one each. It took him a little time but the wait was worth it because I drank all mine and I don't drink alcohol much. Our beds were so comfortable I wished I had the same bed at home. The next morning we got ready for our cruise and went down to eat our breakfast that also came with the package and it was so good. We all found something we could eat and we left with very full tummies. The shuttle came to get us and it was so nice and roomy. the shuttle picked us up after the cruise and was on time. I WILL be staying here again on our next cruise!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear beccahelen,
Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Our park & cruise package is a great deal for those departing out of New Orleans; we are happy to know that you had a great experience.
Thank you for the recognizing our Front Desk staff and mentioning the great service you received. Hoping your next cruise is already booked, can't wait for you to be our guest again.

Berne, Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great hotel and staff. My room was clean convinient central location and the staff from the front desk to the restaurant were so accomidating. The food was very good and it really made me enjoy my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Albert B,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie. We enjoy hearing from our guests, and are happy to accept your compliments. I will forward your praise to our staff today!

Please come visit with us again,
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 14, 2013

First time here.Had to go to Office down south of here.foods not bad.Service in Restaurant needs upgrading.Way.....to slow for Breakfast and Dinner.I used my priority rewards for 2 night.Overall excellent.just wont use the restaurant.they did come my meal for a one hour and 30 minute wait for a pizza.It was excellent I will have to admit.Must have had to age the cheese.Make the dough.ill be back....Overall excellent! Just a little slow in the Galley.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Blakes8542,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking a moment to tell us about your visit.

Your feedback has been shared with our restaurant staff members and your comments will only help us to improve.

We hope that you enjoyed your visit at the Holiday Inn Metairie and we will see you again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel during the 2013 Jazz Fest. Nice hotel situated between the airport and New Orleans proper. The rooms were well appointed to include a fridge. One downside of the room was the air conditioner was a little loud when placed on the high setting, but when turned to low, it was more like white noise.

The staff at the front desk were kind, friendly and very informative. I used them to recommend some non- touristy places to visit in NO.

The bartender was very friendly and attentive in spite of being the only person covering the bar and restaurant Would definitely stay again on next trip to NO.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HIMetairie, Executive Assistant at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Scifchic,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Metairie.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay as much as you enjoyed Jazz Fest!
Thank you for recognizing our Front Desk staff and Bartender, I can't wait to share the compliment with them.