“Great staff at the front desk and shuttle driver.”

Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Everyone was super friendly. The front desk night crew were great. Rooms were clean and orderly. Only suggestion is add some chaulk to the bathroom joints. It gives a nice crisp look for little cost. Room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear McAple,
Thank you so much for the great comments you wrote about our hotel during your stay with us. We really appreciate the feed back. Also thank you for the suggestion about the caulk around the bathroom joints. I will be getting with my staff to ensure we go back and refresh this area. Again thank you and I hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

very clean, staff was amazing in every way. Restaurant was better than average, but in NOLA that is only adequate. Still, no complaints about anything. 15 minutes to the Quarter, and about that to the Garden District. Terrific combination of location, quality, and value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear eupher61,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We truly appreciate all the great comments. I will really enjoy sharing this with my entire staff on how well they are taking care of our guests. Have a wonderful and Blessed day.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel located very close to the downtown area. Great value. The staff there is wonderful but what has been suprising is the restaurant. The food was very good as well as the service. We will be staying there on our next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mike L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review about our hotel and your stay with us. It is always great to see a returning guest. This proves that we are doing something right to earn your business. I was also pleased to see you really enjoyed the restaurant food. Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you return in the very near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed one night at the Holiday Inn as a pre-cruise hotel. Had a wonderful and relaxing time at this hotel before my Dec 16th cruise on NCL.

The hotel was clean and the staff wonderful. The shuttle bus for the cruise terminal left at 10am. It first stops at the carnival port and then NCL. The hotel contracts the shuttle bus with a cajun tour company. For NCL, the shuttle bus drops and picks you up at the Julia Street Terminal door one. Took the easy walk-off from NCL, at 7.30am and was at door one at 8am. The shuttle bus showed up at about 8.20am and was not full. Managed to get to my car and on the road by about 8.50am from the hotel.

This hotel gives you vouchers for two free cocktails in the bar. The bar lady, forget her name, was very friendly and a pleasure to talk to. The beds in my room, one the 4th floor, were the best that I have ever slept on.

Will stay at this hotel for future cruises.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear thebrit123,
Thank you so much for filling out a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that we were able to accomodate you and your family and that we meet your expectations of an exceptional stay. I hope that you had a wonderful time on your cruise and that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights before our cruise. The rooms were great, and the desk staff was wonderful. There is also a quasi-taxi, his name is Aseem, and he is a great resource--he drove us into and back from the city several time, giving us advice on where to eat and where to go. Overall, we had a wonderful time here. I would order off the menu for breakfast next time--the buffet was awful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear grammygale,
Thank you so much for filing out a review and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. I was so happy to read that my staff was very accomodating during your stay but was disappointed that the breafkast buffett was not up to your standards. I will be addressing this issue with my kitchen staff to ensure we do a better job of providing a quality food product in the future. Again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here before our cruise using the "stay and cruise" package. It was $131 pre tax and we got the room, 2 call alcohol drinks, $20 for breakfast ( you can order off menu or go to the buffet), transportation to and from the port and parking for the car while we are gone.... You can not beat it. The front desk people, Josh Berry and Val Williams, were super nice. They were there to let us check-in early and there in the morning too. Service in the dining room for breakfast was a bit spotty but we never needed anything so didn't matter that she never came to check. The bed was comfy, comfy, comfy and I'm a bad sleeper. I would suggest a higher floor because we could hear some traffic on floor 9 but not a problem at all. We highly recommend staying here. Thank you Val and Josh for your hospitality.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear x2tpd,
Thank you so much for letting us know how were are doing in our guests eyes. All the information that we can get helps us do our best to meet our guests needs. I want to personally apologize for the lack of concern shown by our restaurant staff during your dining experience. I will be addressing this with our server staff and let them know that this is not the way we treat our guests. Again thank you for staying with us I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We booked a room at this property for the night before our cruise out of New Orleans. We bought the cruise package with included to free cocktails, free breakfast and shuttle to and from the cruise terminal.

We were allowed to leave our car parked at the hotel for up to ten days. It was a great experience and the room was very nice and clean. We got in late on Friday night and had driven six hours to get there so we decided just to eat in the hotel. My wife ordered fried shrimp and I had the fish and shrimp combo platter. Her dinner was enough to feed to hungry people. My dinner was so much it would have feed four people. It was unreal and very good.

The shuttle driver, John, was very helpful getting us to the cruise terminal and picking us up after the cruise. He took our cell phone number and called us on our return to coordinate where to pick us up exactly.

This hotel package was well worth the price. If you park your our car at the terminal it cost $16 per day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear BeachBoyPerdido,
Thank you so much for filing out a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie. We really appreciated the feed back. It also appears that our transportaion company Cajun Encounters is doing a wonderful job in taking care of our guests as well. I am always so happy when our guests have a wonderful stay. Thank you and I hope to see you again in the very near future.