“Great Hotel for a Cruise Out of New Orleans”

Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Collierville, TN
“Great Hotel for a Cruise Out of New Orleans”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We booked a room at this property for the night before our cruise out of New Orleans. We bought the cruise package with included to free cocktails, free breakfast and shuttle to and from the cruise terminal.

We were allowed to leave our car parked at the hotel for up to ten days. It was a great experience and the room was very nice and clean. We got in late on Friday night and had driven six hours to get there so we decided just to eat in the hotel. My wife ordered fried shrimp and I had the fish and shrimp combo platter. Her dinner was enough to feed to hungry people. My dinner was so much it would have feed four people. It was unreal and very good.

The shuttle driver, John, was very helpful getting us to the cruise terminal and picking us up after the cruise. He took our cell phone number and called us on our return to coordinate where to pick us up exactly.

This hotel package was well worth the price. If you park your our car at the terminal it cost $16 per day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear BeachBoyPerdido,
Thank you so much for filing out a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Metairie. We really appreciated the feed back. It also appears that our transportaion company Cajun Encounters is doing a wonderful job in taking care of our guests as well. I am always so happy when our guests have a wonderful stay. Thank you and I hope to see you again in the very near future.

Rick E.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This place knows how to take care if its most frequent guests.

I am a Platimun member, but made my first visit to this hotel. I was met by a chipper, cheery and cute Maya at the front desk - who welcome me with a charm and charisma I instantly fell in love with. As an Elite member, she told me that I could have one of three Platinum perks; I chose the free drinks (yes, drinks is plural!) in the bar. First hotel I have *ever* stayed at that gave its most loyal guests two free drinks on the house... Plus I got a discount off my dinner and a late checkout.

I wish the airport shuttle ran more than only once an hour on the hour, but it is what it is. I had to catch the 6am shuttle for my flight at 7:45am.

Overall - I 'd stay here in a heartbeat given the chance again - and would definitely stay longer than one night.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear jacobandjune,
Thank you so much for being a Loyal Platinum Priority Club member and for giving us a chance to serve you. We love it when our guests have a wonderful stay and when our staff is recognized for exceptional service. We strive hard everyday to ensure all our guests have a great stay and especially our most Loyal guests like yourself. We hope we get the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Mesquite, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We had a couple of hiccups setting things up but what a great deal and a very nice hotel. The breakfast buffet was great! And those of us that didn't want the buffet, the selections from the menu were very nice. The restaurant staff were awesome.

The driver of the mini-bus that took us to and from the cruise terminal was extremely helpful. And when we returned from our cruise he was there and ready to pick us up.

This was certainly the best deal around. Next time we cruise out of New Orleans...we will be staying here.

Kudos to the staff for all their help!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Johnny B,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for letting us know how we are doing. We love it when we have done a great job in our guests eyes and they let us know about it. We truly appreciate you and hope to see you again in the very near future.

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff here is very professional and usually provides complimentary upgrades for us frequent travelers. The rooms are spacious and the amenities are plenty. The hotel is always clean and the customer service is great. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were terrible. The hallway to my room did smell musty and old, but my room was clean, spacious and also had modern décor. Fixtures and fittings were of good quality, the large king size bed was comfortable with fresh linen and the bathroom was clean with good quality towels. The bathroom may have been a bit small for some but as I was only there one night it was no problem for me. The air conditioning was working well and quietly.
There is a shopping mall across the interstate from the hotel. Acme Oyster & Seafood House is right across the interstate. The airport is about 15 minutes away. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get downtown New Orleans and the drive is easy.
I travel all over the US on business and I have been staying in the Holiday Inn hotels for the most part. I have to say, Holiday Inn has stepped up its game and this brand is now my favorite.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear surfsalot2009,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor review about your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport Hotel. I am so glad that we were able to accomodate you and ensure that you had a wonderful time. If we can assist you with any future hotel accomodations please let us know. I hope that you have a wonderful day.
TENNESSEE
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked two rooms for the stay, park and shuttle for our cruise and we couldn't have been more surprised! our King room was a little small and you could tell that this was an older hotel that had been updated, BUT the rooms were clean and nicely furnished. the suite room that was booked for our two daughters and family was very spacious, clean and had a very cosmopolitan feel.
The restaurant staff was amazing and because of the package deal, breakfast (full breakfast, not continental) was free! we don't drink so didn't take advantage of the free drink vouchers but the food was really well prepared and quite generous.
The desk staff were very polite, patient and accommodating as this was also our first visit to New Orleans we could have driven them crazy but they never showed it. they advised us on everything and even drew countless maps!
The shuttle transfer the next day was handled by the desk staff and it was very well organized, our vehicles were safe in the paved parking lot. we had actually met our families from Texas who booked an additional 5 rooms and no one had a complaint!
This was an exceptional value for the price, you'd be crazy not to book here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OLDTIMER51
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with us. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time to let us know how well our staff is performing and how their stay was with us. I will be sharing your comments with our staff at our next all employee meeting and I am sure they will be very grateful. I hope that your cruise was as enjoyable as your stay at our hotel and hope to see you again next year if you and your family decide to go cruising once again.

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was referred to this hotel from a web forum while I was looking for a hotel that offered parking during a cruise. Alas, they have a 'Stay & Cruise' package that offers: 2 cocktails, full breakfast for 2 adults (children 12 & under eat free), parking for up to 10 days, transportation to/from the airport, & transportation to/from the port.
The total bill came to about $214, which is significantly cheaper than if we would have gotten a hotel plus paid to park our vehicle at the port.

The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. The food in the restaurant was very good (HUGE portions) and the drinks were perfect (full bar). There is also an outdoor pool and a small business center. Our room was decent and I was surprised to find a small refrigerator despite being in just a standard room. The only complaint I had is the door to our room (805) was really tough to open/close. You can tell it is an older hotel, but it is completely renovated. I loved the old hollywood/glam style...I would seriously hire their interior designer, loved loved the decor!!!

The hotel outsources the transportation to/from the port. We had a gentleman who was very efficient and friendly. He dropped us off on embarkation day early enough to get through security/boarding ahead of the crowd. He gave us his cell phone number to call him when we returned. On debarkation day, he was right there to pick us up to take us back to our vehicle at the hotel (about a 15-20 minute drive).
We didn't utilize the transportation to/from the airport because we drove to New Orleans. However, I know the hotel has their own airport shuttle.

All in all, there were absolutely no hiccups with the logistics of the trip, even with the unwelcome visit of Hurricane Isaac! I would highly recommend this package to any cruiser leaving out of New Orleans!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EyeLuvMyLife
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with us. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time to let us know how well our staff is performing and how their stay was with us. I am so sorry that you experienced a problem with your guest room door. Rest assured I have shared your concern with our maintenance department and they have adjusted the door to ensure that any future guests that maybe utilizing this room will not experience the same trouble. I really appreciate your comments; I hope that we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to our hotel.
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Due to out of my control work related delays getting to the airport to catch a flight home I was left in New Orleans for the night. As the result of hurricane Issac there were no hotel rooms or rental cars availible around the airport. The Crown Plaza Reservations found me the room at the Holiday Inn. The staff were very pleasant, polite, and professional. The room was great. Just what I needed for a 5 am flight. They also had a shuttle to the airport!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Firefozz
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with us. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time to let us know how well our staff is performing and how their stay was with us. I am so happy that we had a room available for you and was able to get you to the airport on time to catch your flight. I hope that we get the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future.