“Room was clean and beds very comfortable. rates were...”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Conroe
“Room was clean and beds very comfortable. rates were...”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Room was clean and beds very comfortable. rates were reasonable .. the hotel was very convenient to all the places we had to go during our stay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing you experience with us. I am pleased that your visit with us was stellar. Should you have an occasion to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Valencia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Everything was lovely EXCEPT- Room 109 has a terribly, terribly noisy air conditioning unit- needs repair.( kept us up!,) But, I did not report it- sorry. I loved your Shuttle service to airport, I loved your continental breakfast, loved having coffee available at most times, loved the shaving/ make-up mirror in the bath , and having hair dryer, loved 2 luggage racks and other little amenities. Only thing,- it is a bit far to the French Quarter ( have to take a cab) BUT, It is close to getting to airport- has good amenities for handicapped unit, etc. Thanks, J.W.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your experience was memorable. On your next visit with us, please inquiry about our French Quarter shuttle. Our hotel will drop you off on Bourbon street 3 times a day on Fridays and Saturdays. We hope that you will see you in the near future.
Marshall, Arkansas
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed pre-cruise; given room#125-end of hall, noisy, dark, musty & no internet connection. The door leading outside had a large crack and you could feel air coming into the room. You could hear everything the people in the outside were saying as well as next door and they were very noisy. I called and security was sent to the room and got the noise taken care of. (we could hear the whole conversation between security and the ones next door). That is not a good thing. We were awoken later that night with a strong cigarette smell. I called about the internet, however was told that sometimes that room didnt get internet service... WTC... I booked my room several months in advance and was stuck in a dungeon that was drafty (you could see light from the door and it was at the end of a hallway badly lit, etc. I thought I would just deal with it, but The next morning, I needed on the internet for work and called the front desk and asked how I could get the internet working in my room since I was told we would have internet service. I wasnt able to move my folders to a public area. A sweet Joseph & Jonathan moved us to a better room and immediately brought me the new room keys. They are jewels-very nice and went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. Any questions we had, they answered. These two guys are truly an asset and you should be very proud to have them on staff. I will say that even though it was not a good start the 1st night the 2 gentlemen made this stay alot better and worked all the problems out. I really was surprised though that the rooms do not have small refrigerators in the rooms (most all places have them anymore).

Room Tip: Room #125 on bottom floor is not good. Very noisy, musty and drafty. Can hear everyone next door and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will visit room 125 to ensure that we correct any areas needing improvements. In fall of 2014, all guest rooms with have mini fridges in them. I will ensure Jonathan and Joseph are aware of your comments. We will celebrate their achievements. I must apologize that you had a bad start to your visit. I am pleased that we were able to correct the low areas and improve your visit. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct the problem. Should you have an occasion to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Travelers also viewed these Metairie hotels
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Metairie New Orleans
Courtyard New Orleans Metairie
Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)? Share your experiences!