“Nice place to stay. Convenient.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Flora, MS
“Nice place to stay. Convenient.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My room was on the third floor in the back building which opens to a center courtyard with a pool and fountain. It reminded me of a hotel from the past but it was clean and well kept. The staff was helpful even when my arrival was at the end of a bus unloading. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2013
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. As our guest, your comments are valuable to us. I am pleased that we have demonstrated our loyalty to you. We hope that we will see you in the near future. Should you have an occasion to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and take advantage of any discount programs we have to offer. We will see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Metairie
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Once again I needed ro rent a meeting space for a seminar presented by Walter Luebeck, a well know speaker and teacher in Europe an remembering my past experience at The Ramada it was my first choice to call. The experience begins with Ms. Abernathy's friendly, courteus and professsional manner that already puts a smile on your face. She is the person in charge of making the meeting rooms reservations. As expected, the reservation goes on smoothly and the day of the meeting arrives. I get there early to find the room in perfect order, the water service in place and smiles, smiles, smiles. I travel a lot and experience many hotels in the process and I have to tell you that the staff is simply amazing. Never have I encountered a group that is so much connected with the needs of the guests and are so eager to please and make your experience a great one. Well, they did it again!!! Thank you to all the staff who worked so efficiently to make this a wonderful experience. I will see you soon and get ready for a lot of guests. Good news travel fast. Thanks again.Tianne

Room Tip: The hotel is beautiful and close to restaturants and one of the largest shopping centers. The hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that your visit with us was stellar. I will insure that my team is aware of your wonderful experiences you have encountered with us. We look forward to seeing in the future. Welcome home!!
Torrington, Connecticut
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel was reasonably priced and not too far from the French Quarter. It was right off the highway and not too hard to find. The hotel is an older hotel converted into a Ramada. It's more like a motel with doors that open outside onto the balconies. I was not expecting that - very "old school." The main part of the hotel is seperate from the rooms and you have to go through a series of gates and breezeways to access your room from the front desk. Parking is tight - not sure they have enough for everyone. We got back late one night and it was hard to find a spot. The room was okay - a little musty smelling, but well appointed. We ordered a movie through the t.v. but had trouble with it. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work (I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me). I had to use my cell phone and then they got the movie working. The most distrubring thing was when we got back (late) one night, the door was not locked/latched. The cleaning people must have not pulled the door closed. My husband checked out the room and nothing was missing, but it was concerning. I let the front desk know about both the phone and unlocked door issue. Breakfast was good and the place was clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snowcraig75
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your experience was not up to standard. We will use your experience to share with our staff and insure that we improve on your future guest experience. We thank you for notifying us. Should you have an occasion to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Travelers also viewed these Metairie hotels
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Metairie New Orleans
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Courtyard New Orleans Metairie
Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)? Share your experiences!