“Deserves #1 Ranking”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Oxford, Georgia
“Deserves #1 Ranking”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The rooms are clean, the cleaning staff and front desk are very nice (and helpful) The courtyards are pretty and the free parking is a huge plus. This is a quick ride from New Orleans, but don't trust your GPS! Get off on the Veterans Pkwy exit, don't stay on for #228 or you have to circle around. Super restaurant within walking distance. Comfy beds, large bathroom. No downside except perhaps the carpeting outside needs replacing and exterior noise from other guests can be loud.

Room Tip: Stay away fromt the end rooms, they are next to the service rooms (maid storage, etc) and tend to be...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank yeibiche
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, February 6, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for submitting a review on your recent experience with us. As our guest, your comments are valuable to us. Your review of our hotel is a wonderful review. I am pleased the our team was able to make your stay a memorable one. Should you have an occasion to return to the area, please so not hesitate to contact us directly. Welcome home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The rooms were a bit small but were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was average for a hotel supplied meal. Staff was friendly and there were no issues. Close to the airport, restaurants, and shopping. Not too far from downtown New Orleans. The only issue is that they allow smoking in the middle garden/terrace section. If you have a problem with smoke make sure to get a room that is away from this area. It was a thick cloud every time I had to walk through it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
I wanted to personally thank you for submitting a review on your recent experience with us. As our guest, your comments are valuable to us. I am pleased to see that we have demonstrated our loyalty to you while you were visiting us. Should you have an occasion to return to the area, please so not hesitate to contact us directly. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Kansas
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We had a nice pre-cruise stay at Ramada Metaire. We arrived late after a 14 hour drive. We called and told them we would be a late arrival. The phone call went well as did the check in process. I was asked if I used a 3rd party to book. I said AAA, and they asked if I used Priceline because I got a very good price for the room. I wonder if they say that to everyone to make them feel good? Our room was on the ground floor right at the foot of the stairs to the second floor rooms. People were noisy on the stairs, talking loudly and bumping suitcases. I wouldn't want that room again because of that. The room was larger than some we've stayed in with French type doors to the bathroom and closet. Everything worked well, had to ask the desk before we could make a local call for pizza. Bed was comfortable and breakfast was better than some with biscuits and gravy and make your own waffles. We didn't use the pool, as it was December and too cool. It looked nice, though. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Watch out for rooms at the bottom of stairs.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I wanted to personally thank you for submitting a review on your recent experience with us. As our guest, your comments are valuable to us. I am pleased to see that we have demonstrated our loyalty to you while you were visiting us. Should you have an occasion to return to the area, please so not hesitate to contact us directly. Welcome home!
kaufman, texas
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Was just there for an overnight trip but it was clean, nice, comfortable, very classy interior. Outside you might think "uh oh" but it really was like a historic New Orleans building and inside was clean as a whistle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I wanted to personally thank you for submitting a review on your recent experience with us. As our guest, your comments are valuable to us. I am pleased to see that we have demonstrated our loyalty to you while you were visiting us. Our hotel prides itself on the historic nature of our hotels. We are pleased to continue keeping the past alive in the present. Should you have an occasion to return to the area, please so not hesitate to contact us directly. Welcome home!
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed November 22, 2011

What a great choice!!! This hotel exceeded all my expectations and was a great value. We (4 adults) stayed two nights and were in town to attend a family wedding. The location was great for us. We were close by our relatives house. It was walking distance to a K-mart and a grocery store. There were resturants nearby. The room was really nice. Decorated tasteful. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Waffles, Biscuits & Gravy, scrambled eggs, cereal, danish, fruit, yogart. Would like for the weather to have been a little warmer so we could have used the pool and hang out in the courtyard. Looked very inviting.I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
RamadaMetairie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of our property. I am delighted to hear that we can be your home away from home during your family visits. I am pleased our secure and convenient location suited your needs. Please note for future reference that we are across from the Lakeside Shopping center and in close proximity to Acme Oyster house that serves a wide variety of classic New Orleans cuisine and you have signing privileges to your room while dinning there. I am very happy our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast exceeded your expectations. We thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have never stayed in Metairie and selected this location based soley on availability. To my surprise it was really very nice! The lobby and room was up to date decorated nicely, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean! The hotel is across the street from a great mall and in the vicinity of several good restaurants. Acme Oyster House is in its backyard and its an authentic New Orleans favorite. The staff was friendly and helpful and the complimentray breakfast was decent for on the go. There is a small 24-hour store on the premise that has things like snacks and post cards, I tried to purchase a bottle of water and was told that I had to spend at least $5.00 in order to use my card.... FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS?? Geesh!

Now being that the hotel is outdoors it does get a bit noisey with other guests moving about and hanging out around the pool area (which is very well kept). Also one night I had to park on a side street because there was a truck with an RV attached taking up at least 10 spots... I reported it to the front desk but they just advised me to park elsewhere. Luckily the hotel is in a safe area and the car was fine the next day! :)

If you plan to visit the city or the French Quarter you will need a vehicle. There is construction around the highway which is right in front of the hotel, so it does take a while to navigate to the interstate but once you get there its easy to navigate to the city. My rental car was also valuable in moving around the area... Walmart, Target, IHOP, etc... were right up the street and so convenient to get to.

Needless to say this is a Great place to stay for the money.... No real complaints!

P.S. There are no Bank Of America or Wells Fargo banks anywhere to be found and some restaurants and vendors dont accept credit/debit cards so if you want to avoid ATM fees bring some cash or travelers cheques with you!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CorpDiva
RamadaMetairie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We pride ourselves in being a great alternative to downtown New Orleans as we offer complimentary parking as well as great room rates. Please know the minimart items can be charged to your room and we also have a deluxe wing with internal rooms in our main building also available for you to consider during your next visit. Also note for general information the new Orleans area does not have a wells Fargo nor Bank of America however you can utilize the Whitney National Bank, First Bank USA as well as Chase all around the corner from the Hotel for your convenience in the near future. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again soon. Please know we also offer a complimentary airport shuttle should a rental not be in your plans.
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have traveled several times to Metairie on business and this is my new hotel of choice. The rooms are very spacious and the staff is always very nice. The free breakfast and parking are nice to haves in the New Orleans area. The beds are very comfortable as well. I would recommend to any other travelers to the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JuJuinBama
RamadaMetairie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of our property. I am delighted to hear that we are your new hotel of choice and we look forward to seeing you again soon.