“The service is always amazing and memorable!”

Phoenicia Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 513 Restaurants in Metairie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The service is always amazing and memorable!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The first time I came to the restaurant, the staff was very courteous and even offered OTC meds because they knew I had a 1-hour drive back home. Today, the waiter was able to cater to our party of 7 with much ease. We had an enjoyable three-course meal. They have the best Lebanese tea I have ever experienced with fragrant rose water. The baklava was amazing just as the warm pita bread we ate throughout the meal. I cannot wait to return! Also, the typical Mediterranean dished are great but they have a very underrated burger everyone should try.

• Visited May 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Food average, non-atnospheric restaurant”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I can't understand the reviews that rave about this restaurant. I guess it's the only one serving this style of food in Metairie and they have nothing to compare it to. We went for lunch, the food was average quality, portions were medium sized, the waitress could not even pronounce the dishes and did not know what they were. She was new and obviously needed more training. The background music was too loud and consisted of country and chart music, plus three TVs were showing Judge Judy. There is a large disco dance floor in the middle of the space that made it look more like a wedding/party venue than a restaurant, with no soul. We had the salmon kabob and veggie platter. For very good Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food, drive the extra 15-20 minutes into New Orleans and appreciate the difference.

• Visited October 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Delicious and authentic Mediterranean cuisine”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We absolutely love this restaurant. The meals are incredible and portions are generous. The gyro meat is absolutely fantastic.

Visited July 2013
Mobile AL
“OMG! You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were driving down Veteran's Blvd after a concert and spied the sign for Phoenicia Restaurant. BEST restaurant we EVER stumbled across. Our server Yasmine was wonderful and friendly. The food was AWESOME! I had lamb chops with salad and hummus. Also had stuffed grape leaves appetizer. She had chicken kabobs. For dessert we had Baklava and Ashta. Everything was wonderful. Flavors were delicious and food was tender. WE WILL BE BACK! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GulfCoastInAL
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food is real good, the taste, originality, authenticity I am so impressed. We discovered the restaurant 4 years ago, since we come to New Orleans twice a year for business, we make sure we book a hotel in the same area just to be close to this restaurant. Since then, have brought my two daughters and a friend and they both loved it. I give the chef a 5* plus. The service is not great but is ok, I know they used to serve wine before but they have always let us bring our own bottle of wine which is ok.

• Visited April 2013