“Best pizza in New Orleans!”
Review of Pizza Florence

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Florence
Ranked #204 of 520 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I grew up in Upstate NY where delicious, fresh-baked pizza is a given, but when I moved to New Orleans there was no such thing! Then we found Pizza Florence across from Clearview Mall in Metairie. The first time we went there it was because of their really cool neon sign. We figured that a place with a sign like that (you'll have to see it for yourself!) just had to be good -- and it was -- and is! Try it for yourself... if you appreciate traditional Italian-style pizza, you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have eaten here a couple of times. I have had the BBQ pizza and then the meatball Mediterranean Lavish Wrap. Both were very good. The pizza had bbq cicken, onions and slices of tomato and the meatball wrap was meatballs wrapped in thin crust coating. Totally awesome. The price is very reasonable and the portions are a good size. I will be going back!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place was recommended by 3 different people for the "outstanding" pizza. The pizza itself wasn't bad (but we get our pizza from the North End, so no comparison), but the service was bewildering. It didn't appear that they had enough waitresses working (although it wasn't too busy yet when we were there), but the waitresses refuse to write down your order. We both of the waitresses come over to our table at different time and ask us to repeat our order - 4 times! And then they still forgot my side salad. And they never checked on us, so I had to go find the waitress and ask her for my side. They did seem to have a very varied menu.

1  Thank MysticMom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. It is not impressive from the outside, and in the inside trys a little to hard to be like Italy to me. However, the food was good. I had the Turkey Pita. It was very good if a little heavy on the ranch. The pasta salad was also very good. My husband ordered the Philly Steak Pizza, and he very much enjoyed it. He can be rather picky about pizza. The server seemed a little standoffish at first, but she warmed up throughout the meal. I only ate about half of my pita because it was very large. She was very concerned that I didn't like it and seemed to want to make sure that I enjoyed my meal. I assured her that I did. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went today with my family they serve us the food and while eating , a blond lady came to the table and give us a to go plates and throw us the check, with a very rude manner, then she was very clear to let us know that we are not welcome!!!!!! so if u have kids and are Hispanic this is not a place for you

Been to Pizza Florence? Share your experiences!