“So-so pizza, mediocre service”
Review of Pizza Florence

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Florence
Ranked #204 of 517 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place was recommended by 3 different people for the "outstanding" pizza. The pizza itself wasn't bad (but we get our pizza from the North End, so no comparison), but the service was bewildering. It didn't appear that they had enough waitresses working (although it wasn't too busy yet when we were there), but the waitresses refuse to write down your order. We both of the waitresses come over to our table at different time and ask us to repeat our order - 4 times! And then they still forgot my side salad. And they never checked on us, so I had to go find the waitress and ask her for my side. They did seem to have a very varied menu.

1  Thank MysticMom
There are newer reviews for Pizza Florence

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this place. It is not impressive from the outside, and in the inside trys a little to hard to be like Italy to me. However, the food was good. I had the Turkey Pita. It was very good if a little heavy on the ranch. The pasta salad was also very good. My husband ordered the Philly Steak Pizza, and he very much enjoyed it. He can be rather picky about pizza. The server seemed a little standoffish at first, but she warmed up throughout the meal. I only ate about half of my pita because it was very large. She was very concerned that I didn't like it and seemed to want to make sure that I enjoyed my meal. I assured her that I did. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went today with my family they serve us the food and while eating , a blond lady came to the table and give us a to go plates and throw us the check, with a very rude manner, then she was very clear to let us know that we are not welcome!!!!!! so if u have kids and are Hispanic this is not a place for you

Reviewed February 29, 2012

There is always the standard fare at pizza places - cheese, crust, toppings, maybe pasta or calzones; Pizza Florence has a little panache. Roasted garlic and chicken pizza, unusual calzones, eggplant, spinach, or shrimp on your pizza, or a Greek salad with pan seared chicken on top and a vinagrette dressing.A non descript place on a ubiquitous street (Veterans), most people would pass it by. Many years ago, the men's club at my children's school found itself in a bind as that evening's chef didn't show up. I have been eating the substitute dinner (Pizza Florence) ever since.

1  Thank Grendyl
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This place is a frequent stop for my family. I always get the eggplant pizza - love it. My dad and my son like the chicken alfredo calzone or wrap. I can't remember technically if it's a calzone or a wrap, but it's huge, like 2 separate servings for most people. The atmosphere is cozy and not fussy. It's an all around pleasant eating experience.

Been to Pizza Florence? Share your experiences!