“Kosher Moroccan Restaurant: great either way”

Casablanca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casablanca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 511 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
LA
“Kosher Moroccan Restaurant: great either way”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although Morocco would not normally be considered a middle eastern country, Moroccan food certainly has many similarities. This restaurant is run by real Moroccans who serve real Moroccan food in addition to the typical dishes expected for a 'middle eastern' place. Although located in a small strip mall across from the gigantic Lakeside Mall in this New Orleans suburb, it is decorated with many genuine artefacts from that African country. The food is outstanding, my favorites being chicken bastilla and stuffed cornish hen. The Chicken Bastilla Casablanca is a semi-sweet seasoned pie made with saffron chicken, crushed almonds layered in filo dough topped with cinnamon. No item suffers from the place being Kosher, which has the advantage that it is perfect for someone with lactose intolerance - especially the cheese cake which tastes as if it were made with real creamy cheese.

• Visited February 2013

Wash DC
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was not happy that my first and only night in NO was with my friend that keeps Kosher. I wanted to eat some gumbo and other NO foods. We ended up at this Morrocan Kosher place and I have to tell you it was AMAZING! Some of the best food I ever ate (kosher or not). I highly recommend. Beautiful place, great service and A+ food.

• Visited October 2012
NOLA
“Peace in the Middle East”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is what peace in the middle east could look and taste like--wonderful! Really excellent, kosher middle eastern/Morrocan food. A genuinely pleasant, quite different experience for the New Orleans/Metairie region--i.e., not fried seafood or chicken.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank jamminedward
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Came here with a friend who keeps kosher. Excellent food, whether or not one keeps kosher. Ambiance is lovely, service was delightful. I would certainly return and would encourage anyone who likes middle eastern food to come here.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SusanK283
Livingston, New Jersey
“One of the best cultural experience meals I have ever had”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Just got back from a 5 day professional conference in New Orleans. I was told by many people here in New York that I need to eat at this Moroccan restaurant. I wasn't sure why I would go out of my way to leave the tourist section of New Orleans, and pay for a cab, but now I know why. This place was amazing. It might even be one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. It is situated in a small strip mall in a suburb of New Orleans. It was a $20 cab fare from my hotel in convention center, but worth every penny. The restaurant is themed as if you are in Morocco (made me feel like I was at Epcot Center in Florida). The waitresses were very friendly and really took care of our table. When I said I had never eaten Moroccan food, but just wanted to try something great, she brought me an amazing soup, followed by a sampler dinner plate. Everything was delicious, and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a cultural highlight. It also happens to be strictly kosher, so if you have colleagues or clients that need kosher food, this is a place where everyone can feel comfortable, and you can really wow a client.

Also keep in mind it is closed on Friday nights and Saturday lunch time.

• Visited September 2011