“Great Charbroiled Oysters!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Wellington, Florida, United States
“Great Charbroiled Oysters!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Went to Acme with a couple of co-workers & we ordered 1/2 raw & 1/2 Charbroiled Oysters & crab cake for appetizers . We should have ordered the dz Charbroiled! They were great. The crab cake was also good. We had the Andouille Gumbo as well as the Seafood Gumbo (all cups) which were also good. For our main course, we ordered the Etiouffe (sp?), 1/2 spicy sausage Po-boy and jambalya! By the time we were done all we needed was a nap! We enjoyed ourselves and I plan on taking some gumbo & jambalya home to my boyfriend in FL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great food and worth the trip out.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

A family member said that the Metairie location was better than the Quarter, and as it was Saturday night, we made the trip out and had a delightful meal. Had to wait about 20 minutes for a table (less than the 30 minute wait we were told) and the room had to be as loud as the Quarter, which I was hoping it wouldn't be, but the food was worth it. Very friendly efficient service, we started with an appetizer boat of fried oysters, shrimp and a catfish fillet. Seafood etouffee was great and so was the red beans and rice. Great New Orleans cooking without the parking hassles and the prices were a little lower than the Quarter as well.

• Visited September 2012
atlanta ga
“A Must Try!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Both my husband and I are not oyster people, however, the gentleman shucking oysters (sit at the oyster bar - it is quite a show) found out we weren't from the area, so gave us a sample of the grilled oysters. They are to die for! Grilled with butter, parmesan cheese and light amount seasoning. We are going back to have more! My daughter had the seafood gumbo, and said it was excellent - thick but not too thick. Not just a lot of okra plenty of seafood. I had the lobster and crab bisque with half shrimp po' boy sandwich. The bisque was quite tasty with just enough sherry. The shrimp were fresh and not fried hard. It was enough and quite filling. My husband had the same. Don't miss this wonderful place. Service was excellent!

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

When we were searching for local cuisine in the NOLA area, several folks suggested that we go to the Acme Oyster House. But really, it was nothing to write home about. The fried seafood was ordinary, the televisions blaring, the service indifferent.

Visited August 2012
florida
“Thank you trip advisor for finding me another great spot”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

On my TA suggestion, I did the 1/2 dozen oysters chargrilled. Yummy, buttery and lots of garlic. Then I did the cajun sampler of gumbo, redbeans and jumbalaya. Excellent. Good bar seating too. Friendly staff. Been back a second time this week. They have bar seating too, so no issues with waiting and i've been there at lunch and dinner times when the restaurant was full.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Acme Oyster House? Share your experiences!