“Akward location, nice rooms”

Sheraton Metairie New Orleans
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
New Orleans
“Akward location, nice rooms”
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Somewhat hard to get to and not very close to anything (stores, entertainment...) Hotel staff wasn't very friendly, but room was very clean and spacious. Loved the bathroom (had a jacuzzi tub) and bed was very comfy. My room even had a small fridge. I may have been on the club floor and that's why the room was so nice, but I didn't request or pay extra for it. I guess it was to compensate for the rude clerk on check-in.
A few miles on the other side of the interstate is Lakeside Mall (about 5 min) and there is all the restaurants and shopping. If you want a great steak that's not expensive I'd reccomend Crazy Johnnie's behind Lakeside on 18th St. Get the filet tips with shrimp and dippin' bread. Mmmm.
I'd stay here again if the rate is good because of how nice my room was, but expect to drive to get anywhere. (without traffic downtown NO and airport are about 10 min away, opposite directions)

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Salt Lake City
Reviewed December 4, 2008

We wanted to experience Halloween in NOLA but did not want to stay downtown or in the Quarter, which we normally do. So I chose this hotel in Metairie. It was convenient to the airport and I don't mind driving in NOLA, as I had grown up in the vicinity and have driven in many large cities (NY, LA, SanFran, London, Paris, Berlin, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, etc.) First impression of the hotel was fine, but our room was dirty and did not have a frig or microwave. The next morning we went down for breakfast. I had to look for someone to ask if it was buffet-only...got a surly "Yeah" in response. Not good. When we returned to the room to freshen up, the houskeeper was down the hall and yelled at us "Ya'll need housekeeping?" I replied Yes, but please give us 30 minutes to freshen up then we will be out for the day. When we returned that night, we found the room exactly the way we left it. No housekeeping. Beds unmade. No fresh towels. No fresh coffee.

That has never happened to me before, anywhere in the world.

Never again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Surly staff and no housekeeping
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Metairie hotels

Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed November 21, 2008

This hotel was not one of the best I've stayed in but over-all, it was fine. The price, for the quality, was high, but the location was great. I had a King room and it was a decent size. It smelt musty -- almost muggy. And, a friend of mine who had a room on a different floor (also a non-smoking floor) had a distinctive smoke smell throughout the room. The staff said they were going to spray, but never did. Aside from those issues, the stay was fine.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff not being that helpful, smells in rooms
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2008

1. Lost reservation, that was rectified.
2. When needing to ask questions, you had to yell out for someone because they weren't there.
3. PRICE GOUGING, which would be okay if it were WORTH IT, BUT NOT!!!
4. Soiled couch.
5. Sourvenirs stolen/thrown away from rooms.
6. A week later, still dealing with this headache.
7. The way they want to "deal" with the problem is to give a FREE ROOM next time, but unless they change help, spruce up the rooms better then I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE!!
8. Shuttle would not take you downtown which is less than 10 miles from hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast was tasty.
  • Disliked — Too pricey for nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Memphis
Reviewed June 27, 2008

Recently I was in New Orleans for business and I had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton Galleria in Metairie, LA.
I had a room on the executive level which allowed me free internet access. The housekeeping was excellent & the sheets were very clean, the bed was awesome! I have come to New Orleans many times for business but have never stayed at a Sheraton property before. I will make sure that my next visit to New Orleans I will be staying at the Sheraton Galleria property. The hotel is only a few miles from New Orleans’s business district. If cleanliness is something you look for in a hotel this is the property for you. Housekeeping A+ customer service A+. :)

• Liked — housekeeping
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
texas
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Hotel is very hard to get to because of the current construction. The hotel is a great location if you do not want to stay in the city and pay those high parking fees. Parking is free here. When you pull up, there is no bell man and you have to ask the front desk for help. You have to park your own car in the garage. Staff is very friendly but hard to find. The lobby is beautiful and does not reflect the rest of the hotel. The first room I booked was very dirty, mildew in the bathroom shower and the couch was filthy. The cabinets were broken as well. We switched rooms to an handicap room and it was much cleaner; however, the couch was still filthy dirty. The beds were comfy and clean- I always strip my beds first. We stayed on the club floor for the free breakfast and convienece but THE AMENITIES of club floor are CLOSED on the weekend. You must go downstairs for your orderves and breakfast. For what I paid as a guest on the club floor, I expected a little bit more. The hotel would be great if the rooms had newer furniture and they had more staff.

• Liked — They have great lobby and great bar.
  • Disliked — Dirty couches, bathrooms, and broken cabinets.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Kentwood
Reviewed May 27, 2008

My friends & I were going to the Leon Russell concert at harrahs and did not want to stay downtown.A mutual friend said that the Sheration Metairie was a great place to stay. She said that it had many amenities and a nice pool on the roof. We were treated very well in the restraurant and lounge. W e also loved the trendy look of the hotel. Check in and checkout was a breeze.We will soon return for another girls night out..It was evertything she said & more !!m

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends