“Comfy Bed!”

Sheraton Metairie New Orleans
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very comfortable bed; clean, nice bathroom. Carpets were stained all throughout room. Would have been an enjoyable stay, but noisy neighbors kept waking us up until after midnight. Three year old running up and down halls at 11:30 p.m playing and screaming. Doors slamming, older kids running halls. Church group on our floor. Check-in was extremely quick and easy. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Parking deck attached to hotel and free!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments and we agree with you, these Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are the best!!! Although we do love having sold out weekends and seeing families having a great time, sometimes the kids have a little too much fun for other guests peace and quiet!! We are so sorry your peace was disturbed. And we are still going through the process of having all our carpets steamed cleaned - again - atter a crazy Mardi Gras this month! Next time you stay with us, we promise a more restful experience and that same comfy bed! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best regards, Kathleen

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Metairie New Orleans

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Sheraton for SPG is all over the map. There are some really spiffy ones, especially in Europe, there are still a few here and that that are so badly in need of the upgrade that they are a dump. I have no real bone to pick here. This one is right in the middle. Easy access, great staff, loads of pretty secure parking in an attached garage, very convenient to airport and city. Used for a city meeting for economy, I often do. The negatives are a small, very modestly stocked Sheraton Club, relatively dark rooms, low water pressure in shower and no sweet sleeper mattress. Certainly better than average, just not Sheraton's best. Also, no suites noted on floor map of SPG floor for those looking for an upgrade.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your nice comments. All of our rooms do have the wonderful Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed although our hotel does not have suites, we have beautifully appointed king and two bedded rooms completly renovated last year with all the latest upgrades to enjoy!! Please do come and visit us again soon! Best regards, Kathleen

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed in this hotel the night before a cruise. The free hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and brought us to the hotel. We arrived early for check-in but the hotel held our luggage until a room became available. The shuttle driver then drove us to a nearby restaurant for lunch. After lunch, we were close enough to walk back to the hotel and our room was ready. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It did not have a refrigerator & microwave but after I inquired, the appliances were delivered and set up in the room free of charge. We were also given free Wi-Fi. The next morning we took a cab to the cruise terminal for $25 (tip included) and this was so much cheaper than the $23/pp rate that the cruise ship shuttle was charging since we were a party of three. Over all, I was happy with our stay at the Sheraton and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank luggagecheck
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

We are so happy that your chose our hotel for your stay before your cruise. I hope you had a wonderful vacation!! We recently added free wireless internet access as an amenity and have had many guests comment that it is an appreciated free perk!! Please come back and see us again - we look forward to your next visit!! Thank you for taking time to share y our very nice comments! Best regards, Kathleen

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel itself is great, it is located off the freeway, depending where you are coming from (New Orleans or Baton Rouge) and there is FREE PARKING which is located right by the entrance. Check in was smooth, the young lady and gentlemen were funny and informative. They had great recommendations on places to eat nearby and they were always smiling every time you passed by. Our room was very spacious and of course the Sheraton Sleeper is the top mattress in the hotel biz. No view since there isn't anything to see in Metairie, but I don't think that will kill anyone. Now the city itself is weird when it comes to driving. They have these "No U Turns" sign posted everywhere. One time I had to drive almost a mile to make a U Turn since that was the only way to access the street. So just keep in mind not to miss your turn or you will be out of luck. Also if you have any questions on driving anywhere, ask the front desk, there better than your GPS, scouts honor!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your nice comments and for your good advice about asking for directions!!! GPS and Metairie - even downtown New Orleans streets - do not always seem to get along!!! Our front desk team loves nothing better than engaging with our guests and sharing their local area knowledge and tips for where you want to go and how to get there!! So happy you enjoyed being with us and hope you are planning your next visit already!! All the best, Kathleen

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a single issue upon check in because the hotel was oversold (as often happens with many hotels) so we were bumped to a double room though we had booked a king. The young lady who checked us in was very apologetic and gave us a room on the club level with the promise that as people checked out the next day, she would see what she could do to get us a king room. She was trying, but I was dissapointed that first night. We spent the entire second day in the city and when we returned that evening, she was at the front desk ready with keys to our new room. She upgraded us in a big way. We got to stay on the club level and move into a king suite. I could not have been more pleased with how well she handled the situation and I can feel comfortable recommending this hotel to others. It's a pretty straight shot from the airport and another straight shot to the French Quarter and Mid-City. Also, after seeing the tight set up of the hotels in the French Quarter, I appreciated the quiet of the hotel in Metairie. To be fair, a friend of ours used her Starwood points to book this room for us so we only paid $35/night - thus my 'Excellent' rating on value. And since we were on the Club level, I never actually bothered to eat in the restaurant. The club level had a small selection for breakfast each morning and pretty nice appetizers set up each evening.

Room Tip: Corner suites are VERY nice. Also, being on club level can save you money on things like water, jui...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Once you have enjoyed our Club level, you will be a Club level customer forever!!! I agree with you that the complimentary coffee, juice and breakfast pastries in the Club Lounge are one of the nicest benefits there can be in the mornnings!! I am delighted your experience turned out to be one that made your stay so pleasurable. You must come back and visit again soon - this time make sure you book the Club Level!! Hope to see you soon, best regards, Kathleen

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was staying at the Sheraton Metairie for the Sugar Bowl with my 21 year old nephew. My nephew was driving in from Alabama and i was flying in from Denver. My nephew did not have aq credit card in his name, and he was scheduled to arrive before me. I contacted the general manager, Ms K Young and she took care of everything regarding his check in. I had some minor problems during my stayand Ms Young and her staff, especially Terrence took care of the issues in a quick manner.

The Club Level was always well stocked and my room was spotless.

I appreciate hotels that have a contro;l for both heat and AC in the room. I like my room cool for sleeping even in the winterand I was able to use the AC in January to get my room to the perfect sleeping temperature.

Also, this hotel is conveniently located near the Galleria shopping mall with Macy's and upscale dining.

The Sheraton Metairie is also a short ride from the French Quarter, but without all the noise and hoopla that can be found in that part of the city.

The next time that I am in the New Orleans area, I will definitely be returning to the Sheraton Metairie!

Room Tip: splurge for the Club level and enjoy the free parking versus the $30 to $40 a night that you have to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay - wish you could have enjoyed the Sugar Bowl as much but I am delighted that you and your nephew had a great stay with us! Please come back again son - maybe next season for a Saints game!!! We are at your service any time. All the best, Kathleen p.s. ROLL TIDE!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is my 2nd review of the hotel in as many days. The first one I wrote was published and then taken out because I told it like it was. That is not acceptable today in the USA, so I will do it again and be politically correct so people wont be offended that are not doing their job and could care less.
I saw a lot of bad reviews for this hotel and most of them are real. The staff simply does not care from the front desk to the Club level attendant. But the hotel is in great shape, clean and comfortable. Parking is in a garage attached to the building and is free and pretty safe. The gym is small but adequate. Pool nice and well kept and in a good location. Rooms are pretty nice, well maintained and just about everything is good at this hotel except the immediate staff. They are all overweight, slow, bad attitudes and are really not well suited for the hospitality business. They should be working for a governmental office instead where employees don't care and have bad attitudes.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry8241

Mr. Larry, we are most disappointed that anyone on our caring staff gave you the impression that our team was less than engaged in making you feel welcomed and appreciated!! We are very proud of our associates, many of us have been in the hospitality industry for all of our careers and are dedicated to making people happy - that is why this is our chosen profession. Obviously, we let you down during your stay and we deeply regret that your stay was less than perfect. I wish I would have had a chance to meet you while you were with us and take steps to correct any issue that you found needed attention. I hope that you will stay with us again and allow me to introduce myself. We will make sure your stay in flawless. Again, thank you for taking time to let us know. Best regards, Kathleen