“Highly recommend !!”

Sheraton Metairie New Orleans
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Very nice stay at the Sheraton. Not our usual chain, but after staying here we will use them again. Nice room comfortable bed and nice area that was quiet. Loved the Starbucks coffee provided in the room and lobby and quality amenities. Very appreciated. And to top it off they were a pet friendly hotel that did not charge you for bringing your pet. Thank you Sheraton ! We will be back .

Stayed: November 2013
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

We are delighted to read your kind review and so pleased that you enjoyed being our guest! Yes, we love having your pet stay with us, too!!! Be sure to ask for our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper pet bed next time you are with us - let us spoil your pet while we spoil you! Please say hello next time you are with us....I have some special little treats for our favorite pet friends!! Best regards to all, Kathleen

Reviewed November 28, 2013

we stayed here at sheraton hotel metarie, new orleans twice a month. my experience here are terrible ... the restaurant service is very poor and the cook are terrible ... last june 8, 2013 - i ordered ribeye steak and i brought it back to the front desk because the steak is over cooked black like a charcoal one side look okey but when i turned the other side its like a charcoal burned. June 13, 2013 stayed here again and i ordered - burger and it was burned again, i brought it back to the front desk ... the worst thing is when i checked out and i asked for the receipt ... i give the server tips but the server knows we have $ 40 per diem, the server print another receipt and add more charges. i have copies of the charges receipt. today i ordered seafood pasta and its not even warm its cold.

Room Tip: don't eat at their restaurant ... eat somewhere else ...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rene D

Thank you for your comment and we are very disappointed that some of your dining experiences were not to your satisfaction. We know you are our guest often and that usually you are very happy with our staff and our hotel. I trust that your visits since this posting have been more of the kind of great experience we are known for and that you will continue to enjoy staying with us in the future. If ever you are at all displeased with anything we do for you, please let us have the opportunity to make it right at that moment so that your stay is a good one! We look forward to your next visit. Best regards, Kathleen

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Please don't get me wrong, my family and I booked the Halloween weekend and we enjoyed our stay.
First of all, the hotel was almost full and we were upgraded to the preferred member floor, so that was a good treat to begin with. The entire staff was friendly and helpful.
The food was great, the bar staff awesome, everything to a Sheraton standard.
My only problem were the pillowcases. For some reason, which I am still intrigued, they did not iron the pillowcases. The moment I walked in the room, the impression was that they did not change them or the bed sheets from the last guest. With that in mind, I smelled the cases and had the impression they had a "stench". I called the guest service and informed of my impression, which left the attendant quite surprised. In minutes, somebody knocked and came in to change the pillowcases. Sure enough, they were not ironed again, but at least I saw them change it.
Overall a great hotel, with friendly staff and good price. Just hope that they read the review and start ironing the pillowcases.
As they say, the devil is in the details.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RapiroSan
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

First, let me thank you for your nice review and tell you how happy we are that you and your family enjoyed staying with us! We often hear comments from our guests telling us how friendly and welcoming our staff has been but we can never hear that enough!! It makes all of us feel appreciated when guests enjoy our team! You are very correct about the pillow cases - our wonderful ironing machine has been 'out with the flu' for the last few weeks and we are doing everything in our power to bring it back to good health! We expect to be back to providing beautiful, freshly pressed sheets and pillow cases in the very near future! Please come visit us again soon and let me know when you are here so I can thank you in person for your kind remarks. All the best, Kathleen

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have visited this hotel many times. This time was one of the better experiences. I arrived late on Halloween night. It was actually really busy in the lobby with check ins. Check in was effortless and altough I was given the wrong room it only took them a few minutes to correct the issue. Overall this hotel has a very friendly staff and is very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Halloween night is always a lively time in New Orleans!! We are delighted that you found our staff to be as friendly as we know them to be - it is really a pleasure to be on a team that enjoys hospitality. Thank you again and we hope you will stay with us again soon. Kathleen Young, General Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great but the staff was so nice and kind. Great location for getting to the highway and around town for work. Room was clean and updated. Cab to French Quarter was $15-20. Even though I was there for work I still got to have a little fun.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I understand that many of our guests don't want to miss the chance to go visit the French Quarter while here - we are only 6 miles from the Quarter and a short cab ride, as you know! Actaully, taking a cab from here is less expensive than the charge to park so you came out ahead!! Please let us know when you are with us again so we can thank you in person for your nice comments. We hope to see you again soon! Kathleen Young, General Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Good location. Nice hotel and bar. I'll stay every time I'm in this area. The rooms were clean and if you are a preferred member they offer a complementary breakfast on your floor as well as a wine and beer happy hour. Good stuff.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments! One of the advantages of being a SPG member is upgrading to the Club Level. Many of our guests really like the extra comfort of the Club Lounge especially for a quick coffee and light breakfast before going out for the day!! We are delighted that we will see you on your nect visit and look forward to welcoming you back!!! Again, thank you for staying with us! Best regards, Kathleen Young, General Manager

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night while my apartment and New Orleans was getting ready. As I got a deal on this place on Priceline. I read some of the other reviews but I have to say that after having stayed here, it's actually much better than the other reviews make it seem. My room was very clean. Although this place is listed as being a three-star hotel, I think
the room was at least a four star quality. Also there is free parking in the parking garage which is very secure. It's also close to the mall. I think this place gives good deals through price line since I got the hotel for 50% off.

Only bad thing about this place is that they charge $11 per day for
Wi-Fi in the room.

if you have a car are in an town for
business this would be a good place to stay. If you are in town to visit the touristy places in New Orleans, you are probably better off staying at a place closer to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank RahulMD
Kathleen Y, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review and comments! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always rewarding to hear so many guests tell us how much they enjoyed staying with us. We are very proud of our hotel and the clean, fresh condition of our beautiful, newly renovated rooms. When you have another opportunity, I hope you will visit us again! Thank you very much, Kathleen Young, GM P.S. With the beautiful weather we had this past weekend, I hope you were able to take advantage of our pool deck!