“just okay”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Dallas, Georgia, United States
“just okay”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I thought with the Sheraton name it would be a classier hotel...theres is grout and mold in the bathroom and really nasty looking stains on the carpet...I did love the comfortable beds and clean linen..but im sure if I hsd searched for hair...I would have found it. I really hope they come up..I love the staff..very friendly except the lady cleaning tge elevator who made us wait in the elevator until she cleaned around us

• Stayed May 2013
Sheraton-Metairie, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I do apologize for the inconvenience you incurred at our hotel. We strive for excellence in customer service and it is reviews like yours that help us correct any inconsistencies as they happen. It is not our usual standard of cleanliness to overlook or provide service like what you received and I will make certain that I share your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. I hope that you afford us a future opportunity to regain your trust, so that you have the true Sheraton experience the next time you visit New Orleans. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The rooms were nice, the lobby was nice, the staff was friendly and the parking was free. For 4,000 points, it was very much worth the stay. I was quite impressed with the room. The SPG club lounge is not as swanky as those found overseas but does provide a basic breakfast and gathering space. The staff were very friendly in the SPG club lounge floor. My last day, the lady was putting items away at the breakfast bar but let me grab something quickly. She was so nice and made my stay more memorable.

I didn't get to take advantage of the evening cocktails and snacks. The hotel is away from the city and works best if you have a car or if you are planning short trips to Lafayette or Bayou country. I wasn't sure it they provided shuttles or not to the city center. We are staying here again for our last night since it's close to the airport.

Room Tip: The Club level was nice. Internet is a bit spotty. It does look like it has a Sheraton Link on the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sheraton-Metairie, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I was happy to read your response and see that you had a great stay during your recent trip to our area. It is our staff who represents us and gives attentive and friendly service. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I hope we have the honor of hosting you again in the future. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit! Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was just barely acceptable for 1 night stay after late flight to MSY. Wanted a good night sleep, didn't get one: terrible acoustics, very noisy starting from early in the morning. Rooms were adequate. Front desk staff was indifferent at best. Got upgraded to Club Floor, as SPG Gold Member, had very light breakfast in the Club. No espresso drinks available in the hotel or nearby. Just place to sleep,if not noisy. Glad I used SPG points for free night, not actual cash

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of me and the entire staff at our hotel, we are truly sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations during your most recent stay in Metairie. Your observations related to cleanliness and amenities have been reviewed with our housekeeping department; we’ve added steps to ensure a more thorough inspection prior to our guest arrival. . I hope that you afford us a future opportunity to regain your trust. We appreciate your honesty and you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Metairie hotels

Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I were in Metairie over the Saint Patrick Day weekend for business and selected this hotel, because of its location, easy access to I-10 and the center of Metairie.

My wife is a SPG Gold member and upon check in we were upgraded to the “Club Floor”. When we arrived in our room we found the view was from the front of the hotel, which is much preferred to that of facing I-10 or North Causeway Blvd, both of which create a lot of road noise.

The room was reasonably appointed, however the bathroom really needed updating. The whole area needed to be cleaned with some agent to get rid of the mold and the shower/bath needed to be totally re-grouted. We were there three days and the bathroom supplies were not restocked but once.

The lounge was really just a bedroom converted to a club lounge. The attendant tried to keep up, but with the limited space there was no way anyone could keep all the breakfast items available. There was also limited space so that at busy times, such as breakfast people were literally stumbling over each other.

The front desk staff was pleasant, but was not sure what they could do when we wanted to keep our small laptop in a safety deposit box by the front desk. We finally said we should try one of the boxes and guess what? It fit.

All in all this hotel has a good location, however the staff needs more training, the rooms need some updating, and the lounge in the club floor needs to be doubled in size.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton-Metairie, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. The feedback you provided will help us improve our service and product for the future. We encourage our guests to let us know if there are any problems with their stay so that we may address the situation immediately. We take seriously the feedback that you provide and I assure you we are investigating your concerns. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to our area. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice room, well furnished, but no extra plugs for charging phone, iPad, etc. My room was near the elevator. There was the sound like someone tapping a pipe with a hammer that happened every 30 seconds throughout my time in the room. But otherwise, it was a nice room.

• Stayed May 2013
It is very nice of you to have taken the time to reply with your comments about your recent stay at our hotel and I am happy that we were able to accommodate you. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated. We know that you have many choices when traveling and we thank you for your business. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager
Chino, California
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I mistakenly thought this hotel was close to the French Quarter, but found out we were about 7 miles away from there. And it is not easy to get there, with limited cabs and traffic on the freeways.

The hotel itself is fine, clean, but it is situated around a few other hotels and very little else. The nearest restaurants are walking distance: City Diner, Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop, and Felipe's.
(I recommend Gumbo Stop big time!!)

If you are doing business in Metairie, its a fine place, but if you want to explore New Orleans including: French Quarter, Garden District, City Park, etc this is not a great central location.

Room Tip: Don't forget to eat at Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop, exceptional food walking distance away
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found your accommodations to be enjoyable and our staff friendly. However, we are sorry that our location was not convenient for your stay. Many of our guests appreciate the quiet and relaxing surroundings of our hotel opposed to hustle and bustle of the city. Most importantly thank you for being a guest at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager
Houston
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a good hotel to stay at but you will need a car as it is in somewhat of a secluded area near the freeway(Galleria).. the rooms are fine and the staff is great, pool was being remodeled during my stay and has an ok fitness center. However it has a large dining area if you do not have a vehicle so you will be fine in terms of eating just not that economical.

Room Tip: SPG members get access to top floor with breakfast and dinner stacks/drinks...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know how their stay was at our hotel. Our staff makes it their priority to make sure each and every one of our guests are taken care of. It is a pleasure to learn that was the experience you enjoyed with us. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again and if you do please take a moment to check out our newly renovated pool area.. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager.