Sheraton Metairie New Orleans
$71
ExtendedStay
$94
$119
Sleep Inn & Suites(Metairie)(Great Value!)
$71
$93
$109
$61
Groupon.com
All reviewsclub levelfrench quarterfree parkingnew orleansnice roomnight's sleepcruise terminalstaff was friendlybed was very comfortableeasy accessshort drivedowntowngaragenolauberpetsfreeway
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to stay here the night before our cruise in June and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The front desk clerk was very nice. The room was bigger than I expected and the bed was very comfortable. The fitness room was nice and I loved that it connected to the outdoor pool. My only complaint would be the shuttle service to the cruise port, which was a tab bit slow, but nothing that would deter me from staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trippin4sho
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Decent room on the 22nd July. The staff was friendly & polite as always. Short layover didn't get to go anywhere but from the airport to hotel. Beds are comfortable which is good. Van driver Calvin very polite enjoyed talking to him.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travelermanPhoenix
Sheraton-Metairie, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such nice compliments. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was my 2nd time to NOLA & was there on a trip to support a friend who was perfoming, I normally check Trip Advisor & read all the reviews I can about a hotel I will be staying in b4 I travel.

So I am always looking for a hotel that has airport shuttle van, since I am flying into about half of my travel spots, So I read that there was airport shuttle service, then I was read again that there was not. So I decided to call the hotel directly (or what I thought was directly), Come to find out I must have been calling an #800 line, and I was told there was NO SHUTTLE (but the you could tell the operator had to check that location, So that was a dead giveaway that I was calling a call center for the Sheraton "brand"), So I had to take a taxi which cost me $22, and I was not too happy about that.

But all in all, I loved the hotel lobby decor, it was very modern, and the front desk clerks were very helpful & friendly, my check in was smooth, and once I arrived to my room, It was spacious the bed was inviting & comfy, Did not use the internet because my 3g service was good, But I did use the hotel pc on the 2nd floor to print out my boarding pass for my return flight. The breakfast buffet I ate on Sunday morning was really good there were eggs, sausage, bacon, shredded potatoes, grits, an assortment of breads & cereals,the price said $15, but i guess the price had been reduced to $11 that day when I got my bill.

There was a 24hr diner in walking distance behind the hotel, that I didn't see listed on google maps...So that was a nice treat. Didn't get to do much else because of the rain. But my stay there was really nice & very comfortable.

When I woke up on Sunday waiting on some friends, I was outside the hotel & what do I see?....Not 1 but 3 shuttle vans....I was kinda upset to know that I was told over the phone quite a few times & the website even listed that there was no shuttle. I never got to complain because My friends & kept using the parking lot entrance to return back to the hotel the rest of our stay.

So on Monday morning (it was still dark, and I had found out what time the shuttle left around the time I wanted to get to the airport)...When I arrived downstairs, the shuttle was packed to the rim, with Southwest employees, and they were getting a 2nd van to take the other employees who couldn't fit in the 1st one. So just to let anyone who will stay at this location in the future...THERE IS A HOTEL SHUTTLE VAN...3 to be exact.

But other than that, I would defintely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 1stlady5

Thank you for your very honest review. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused by not receiving the correct information regarding our shuttle service. Yes we do over complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport based on availability. Please know that I have reached out to our team members regarding properly communicating our services to our guest. Also thank you for noting your positive comments regarding the overall condition of the hotel and the friendly service you received from our front desk team. We are happy to hear that you had the opportunity to utilize other amenities that our hotel has to offer. It was very nice of you to take the time to share your comments. We look forward to the honor of hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your business. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Ok. That is the best way to sum up this hotel experience. It had some good (complimentary water bottles in the room, comfy bed) some bad (room service was painfully slow, food cold when finally arrived, room decor was poor, mini-fridge sat in the middle of the floor) There was nothing about the room/hotel that was outstanding. For the price I paid I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mangodreams

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is very disappointing to see that you did not receive the care we pride ourselves with. We should have by all means done everything possible to take care of your needs and we failed to do so. I have spoken to my department heads regarding your concerns and we will be using this as a training tool to help make our service outstanding. Thank you for noting your positive comments regarding the overall condition of the hotel it was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do hope that if you are in the area again you give us the opportunity to give you the service we are known for. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here on 7/7/2012. We arrived at about 3:15 pm.(check in is 3:00). Upon arrival, our room on the club level was unavailable. The attendant suggested that we go to the nearby mall until it was ready (Lakeside). We agreed, and also asked for a favor since they were running late with getting our room ready. We asked for a late check out the following day. The attendant said that he couldn't. We said that was only fair that they did, since we were there , and our room wasn't ready, thats the least they could have done. He said he would see what he could do, maybe he could extend it to 1p.m.he said jokingly. Upon returning after 5p.m. our room was ready. The hotel is really nice, especially the lobby. We asked to used internet.There was a charge of $10.00, which I thought was ridiculous when we were paying them $200 bucks for one night! The club level includes drinks , and snacks in livingroom area. We never saw snacks there, except for the nature valley bar, and the drinks aren't replenished hourly. I took a water that afternoon, and didn't see another one after that.The next day , house keeping broke our rest at about 9a.m. When 12 o'clock arrived , she was back at the door knocking, and asking when were checking out. Which I thought was very rude. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, but for the price we paid. It should have been better, and a late check out should have been arranged, it was only fair after them delaying our check in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton-Metairie, General Manager at Sheraton Metairie New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We appreciate the feedback and comments related to your recent stay. I was sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel and at the outset, would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards. Please be assured that the issues raised have been investigated and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience. Thank you, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to hotel in the future. Sincerely, Paula Evans, General Manager