“Best restaurant in New orleans”

Mr. Ed's Seafood & Italian Restaurant, Live Oak
Ranked #26 of 517 Restaurants in Metairie
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

It is fantastic. Everything italian is amazing. The best items are the deserts. You must try the lemon icebox pie

1  Thank MattRC9
There are newer reviews for Mr. Ed's Seafood & Italian Restaurant, Live Oak

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Food was excellent! Portions were out of this world! Service was great right up until we were ready to pay the bill and go...don't know if it was a shift change, but we lost our waitress and they were busy. The waitress we flagged down to help had an obvious attitude. Otherwise, we had a great time.

1  Thank vwright78
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Mr. Ed's is hidden away in Metarie, and if you are a tourist you'll only find it with a good GPS, or by taxi, but when you do find it you will be glad you did.

Consider the following, it is always packed with locals during the lunch hour on a weekday, and at night, it is also packed, again with locals. If local people from New Orleans patronize a place you know it must be good because we are the toughest critics of our own restaurants.

The portions are New Orleans sized portions --that means that you may need to ask for a box to take the remainder home.

I recently had their red beans and rice with sausage; a Monday afternoon tradition in New Orleans that I had on a Tuesday --excellent. The red beans were infused with shreds of Italian sausage with a slice of sausage served on the side, the rice was expertly cooked and it was served with a side of corn bread that was moist and just the right touch of sweet. Does $8 sound too much/ I think that is was I paid.

My son had stuffed cabbage and chicken fried steak, he raved about the steak stating that the breading on the steak was crisp.

I've eaten at Ed's several times and I have never had a bad meal and I bet if you eat there you won't either. The menu is extensive and provides many selections for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Rooster-Houdini
Reviewed August 13, 2012

a local restaurant among hundreds in New Orleans and Metairie that offers a nice menu selection in an out of the way neighborhood with very good prices; and that's my take. The food is generous, and the prices are reasonable but the accolades about their Roast Beef and their Fried Chicken is over-rated. The place is neat as a pin, and the wait staff are very nice and helpful.
But, I can say that about a bunch of places in this city and pick among dozens that offer better food in a nicer, or better New Orleans feel than Mr Ed's. Parking can be a challenge here, and it's out of the way location is well suited "for locals" and not too well suited for visitors. Too many other really good choices for me to return. Sorry Ed !

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Everyone in our party raved about their food. This was the first time here and will not be the last. The red beans and rice was the best I have ever had!!!