“Great Crawfish! Everything was delicious!”

Galley Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 520 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013

It's where the locals go. It was packed but speedy! I had the grilled Redfish. There's a whole board of specials that sound wonderful.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm from Louisiana, but left in 1989. When I'm in the New Orleans/Metairie area, during crawfish season, I make it a point to go to Galley's for boiled crawfish. Always boiled and seasoned just right. Excellent!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

On my second trip I ordered boiled shrimp and couldn't believe how delicious they tasted. Just a little cocktail sauce and a few veggies. My kids love the fish and oysters. If you're looking for a local place with fresh seafood, reasonable prices, and an environment that's good for either a date or a family dinner - this is a good option.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My mistake was I hadn't been there in years. Wife and I were driving through town wondering where to eat and we suddenly recalled Galley Seafood. Well the place isn't pretty but it is definitely New Orleans as it should be. (Meaning not fancy but clean and friendly.) The crawfish are the best in town and the gumbo is outstanding. Others around all had smiles on their faces every time they took a bite. As for the po-boys the juice runs down your arm and the flavor is nothing less than wonderfull - the perfect PO-Boy.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Great corn & crab bisque; delicious roast beef Poboys!! My husband had boiled crawfish which he considered perfect. Not fancy, but tasty. True Louisiana cuisine!