“Excellent Boiled shrimp” 4 of 5 bubbles

Galley Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 503 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Metairie, Louisiana
“Excellent Boiled shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

On my second trip I ordered boiled shrimp and couldn't believe how delicious they tasted. Just a little cocktail sauce and a few veggies. My kids love the fish and oysters. If you're looking for a local place with fresh seafood, reasonable prices, and an environment that's good for either a date or a family dinner - this is a good option.

• Visited January 2013

Carson City, Nevada
“The "BEST" crawfish in NOLA.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My mistake was I hadn't been there in years. Wife and I were driving through town wondering where to eat and we suddenly recalled Galley Seafood. Well the place isn't pretty but it is definitely New Orleans as it should be. (Meaning not fancy but clean and friendly.) The crawfish are the best in town and the gumbo is outstanding. Others around all had smiles on their faces every time they took a bite. As for the po-boys the juice runs down your arm and the flavor is nothing less than wonderfull - the perfect PO-Boy.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yumm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Great corn & crab bisque; delicious roast beef Poboys!! My husband had boiled crawfish which he considered perfect. Not fancy, but tasty. True Louisiana cuisine!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Mesa, Arizona
“"Consistently Perfect Boiled Seafood"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love this place. I was born and raised in New Orleans. A boiled seafood lover. I have had boiled seafood at Deanie's, Casnet, Dragos, Acme, Cajuns, Different asian markets, so I know my boiled seafood. Take my works no place matched The Galley for consistently perfectly seasoned boiled seafood. Yes, it cost a few dollars more than other place but it is tooootally worth every penny because you get the best boiled seafood around. I also love their bread pudding. All their food is great but when I come i feast on their boiled shrimp, crawfish and crabs. I do my best to visit when all three are in season. Its a must eat treat.

• Visited January 2013
Metairie, Louisiana
“Great local food at a family owned and operated restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great seafood of all kinds. A little pricey but usually well worth it. Some of their dishes are famous at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

Visited January 2013