“Great place and worth the ride for sure.”
Review of Acropolis Cuisine

Acropolis Cuisine
Ranked #18 of 510 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Fairport NY
“Great place and worth the ride for sure.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Acropolis is a family owned and operated Greek and Italian restaurant. My son and I had the Mousaka which was outstanding. My other son had the lamb chops which were excellent but a very small portion. My wife had the vegetarian kabobs that she thought were very good. For openers we had the greek sampler plate which was great. The service was very good and it was just a nice experience. If you want a break from overpriced and touristy joints then you will like this place a great deal.

Visited July 2012

Metairie, Louisiana
“Perfection”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The restaurant is small, but the atmosphere is terrific. The food is excellent and served fresh and quickly. The salads are a work of art ! Prices are reasonable and if you leave hungry, it's your own fault. Can be a wonderful intimate setting, or great place for a group. I eat there as often as I can !

• Visited December 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
“EXCELLENT VALUE... DELICIOUS FOOD”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This restaurant is excellent for a great meal with great service at a great price. I have been eating here for years and I have never had a meal that wasn't perfection. The service is nice and the staff is great. The owner is always there and comes to say hello. It is a small neighborhood restaurant with a terrific following. it is 5 stars in my book,

• Visited August 2011
nola
“The Tastiest Greek Food in Metairie”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The meaty, flavorful Moussaka with it's layers of eggplant and potatoes is my favorite dish at Acropolis Restaurant. This Greek dish goes perfectly with the juicy Greek salad that it comes with, both for under $14.00. The side dish of simple vegetables flavored with Greek seasonings is a favorite with everyone.
The gyros are freshly made and loaded with meat and dressings.
For those that don't want to order a Greek dish, Acropolis offers Italian food, served on a platter, in servings much too large for one person to finish. The pizza, hummus, and roasted chicken are great, too. One of the many soups they serve is the 6 Onion Soup, with a topping of layers of flaky phyllo. Delish! Everyday there are several "Specials" that come with Entree, Soup, Salad, Vegetable and dessert, for under $20.00. The service is prompt, as one of the owners is usually always in the restaurant, and at least one of the family members could be your server. It's a small place with about 12 tables, with a small bar serving all kinds of drinks, beer and wine. Kids are welcome, too, and dress is casual. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank mambus
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Greek/Mediterranean in Metairie--Pick Acropolis!”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I love this place! I would say since discovering it sometime post-Katrina I have tried to get there every couple of weeks. I have never had a bad meal there or taken anyone there that didn't love it. It's small and easy to miss on Vets but if you love Greek/Mediterranean don't miss one of Metairie's hidden gems!

I think I have had just about everything on the menu so I'm going to give you a few of the absolute can't misses...

Spinach cheese pie appetizers...these will absolutely melt in your mouth.

Stuffed grape leaves...also great. I've had better in my life but the best that I have had recently.

Gyro wraps and plates are always great. All of the entrees are very generous in their sizes. They have a very nice little side salad as well.

Surprisingly the pizzas and lasagna are excellent. I once was with someone who had the lasagna and thought it was "the best lasagna she had ever had". I think they use ground veal instead of the typical ground beef.

The Chicken Acropolis is an amazing special when they offer it. You might even ask for it if it isn't listed as a special that night. It's like a Chicken Parm but with a Mediterranean twist of layers of spinach and veggies over the chicken and it's served over a bed of angel hair pasta. I will say they have a sweet red sauce which I know some people don't like but I'm a fan of it!

Overall this is a great little place and very reasonable priced. The also offer a full bar and some Mediterranean wines & beers. If you are looking for a great meal at a great price check out Acropolis!

1 Thank smudgi