Review of R & O's

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Madisonville, Louisiana
Reviewed July 28, 2013

All customers, both NEW & REGULAR should watch the "Mystery Diners" episode "All In The Family" about this restaurant. It's on Food Network & available On Demand until the end of the year. After you see this show, KNOWINGLY employees who rub your food under the overweight waitress's sweaty armpits in the kitchen & then stand around and laugh while you eat it, I don't think any review of this place will get you to eat here.

The owners not only know this type of behavior exists, they EXCUSE it because almost all of the workers are RELATIVES.

20 Thank Rachel S

Madisonville, Louisiana
Reviewed July 28, 2013

9 Thank Rachel S
“Disgusting things in the kitchen shown on TV”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

After being a longtime fan of R&O's , I'm sorry to say I can never return. Today I took my mother there for lunch. It's been one of her favorites since the 90s, and it didn't disappoint. Both of our meals- fried oyster plate for her, fried soft shell crab for me- were truly excellent. But when I got home I turned on the Food Network just in time to see R&O's on an episode of "Mystery Diners" that originally aired this past May. It showed our waitress from today, (Deedee the owner's niece), physically bullying new employees, abusing customers, and rubbing a customer's poboy bread under her fat sloppy sweaty breasts!! After seeing the entire kitchen staff laugh at this, I'll never be able to eat at R&O's again. It is unfathomable to me how the owner of such a successful restaurant (they have to be grossing millions) could allow this to go on national tv, even if it was completely staged.

Visited July 2013
13 Thank eBob99
“I'm a long time fan who will never return to R&O's.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Today I took mom to lunch at R&O's restaurant in Bucktown. We've been eating there for over 20 years. Sadly, we'll probably never go back. And after you read this you probably won't either. When I got home I flipped on the TV & saw Deedee, our overweight waitress from today on an episode of the Food Network's Mystery Diners that was recently filmed with hidden cameras in R&O's. She did disgusting things with a diner's poboy (rubbed his poboy bread under her fat, sweaty boobs) & was physically bullying coworkers. There's lots of buzz that Mystery Diners is completely staged, and if it is, why would the owner of a thriving restaurant allow this kind of behavior to go on the air? After what I saw today, I don't think I can return, even though both of our meals fried oyster & soft shell plates) were truly excellent. Nothing there will taste good again after I saw the disgusting things that they do in the kitchen. As unbelievable as it may sound, Deedee (the owner's niece) was rehired shortly after this episode aired. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite NOLA restaurants.

Visited July 2013
10 Thank eBob99
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delish”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here today with my family for lunch. We got there at 2:45 not realizing they close from lunch at 3:00 and reopen for dinner at 5:00. The waitress was pleasant and never rushed us. Started with onion rings and cheese fries, both served hot and tasted great. Some of my family members got the soft shell crab and oyster platter, they were delicious!! We also had pizza, eggplant parmigiana and kids meatball and spaghetti .. All of the dishes were nice portions and delicious as well. This is a great family restaurant, very casual and welcoming. My only reason I gave it a "4" was even though all the fried food was good it was a little greasy.

• Visited July 2013

Been to R & O's? Share your experiences!