“1st Time AWESOME, 2nd Time Just Average”
Review of Ristorante Filippo

Ristorante Filippo
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Filippo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 533 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was staying in Metairie for two weeks for work. The first week I was there I ate at his restaurant and it was absolutely delicious! I had the Chicken Parm. I asked if they could make the chicken grilled instead of breaded and fried and they were only too happy to accommodate. They brought out warm bread and a delicious salad. When my meal arrived I was surprised at the large portion. It was absolutely delicious. I over heard my server tell another table that they have cannoli so I ordered one and it was also delicious. They had an option of an original cannoli or a chocolate dipped. I just chose the regular and it didn't disappoint. I returned the 2nd week to try something else and wasn't nearly as thrilled with the meal. I have to say, the service was very good both times. The second meal I had was the pasta with meatballs. Maybe I didn't love it because the meatballs were quite spicy and I'm not a fan of spicy hot food. I have to say that if the pasta and meatballs was my first meal there, I probably wouldn't have gone the second week. I did have another cannoli and it was as delicious as the first!

1  Thank Tara K

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Only a block away from Residence Inn "Marriott". Wonderful food and service. Best Chicken Parm ever.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try this place based on other reviews. We are so glad we did! It's everything you want in a restaurant - great service and gigantic portions of delicious food. The chef came out and talked to us and we could tell he was genuinely happy we were there. It's our new favorite Italian restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Ristorante Filippo is an unexpected find, a hidden gem. Nothing about the neighborhood in which it exists relates to the white linen dining experience that awaits within its walls. We ordered the house seafood soup, with a fish stock lightly touched by a dash of cream, Italian salad with house dressing, and a pork chop dinner. Everything was remarkable. The Italian salad was just unique enough, with salty capers, kalamata olives and artichoke hearts and a contrasting, oh so slightly sweet, Italian style dressing, to make us sit up and take notice. The generous pork chop rested on a bed of slightly steamed spinach and potatoes.

The restaurant is small, lending itself to an intimate, bistro-like atmosphere. We found our server to be attentive. We'd definitely return.

1  Thank rockyhillgal
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have been going to restaurant for three New Year's Eve dinners and have found the ambiance, food and service to be consistently excellent. A small place, but expertly managed by attentive servers. Wayne is a trip. The pork chop, seafood pasta and chicken dishes are first class and rival the more expensive ones in the french quarter without the hassle. No goofy red gravy here, try it.

4  Thank TudorLouisiana