“Ugh. Never again!”

DON'S Seafood
Ranked #34 of 533 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: DON'S SEAFOOD More Than Eighty Years of Exceptional Seafood South Louisiana locals and visitors have been drawn to DON'S authentic Cajun cuisine for more than 80 years. Menu selections including traditional Landry family recipes, and more recent original creations like Zydeco Shrimp, are well worth repeat visits. Many stop in daily for oysters on the half shell or boiled crawfish in season. DON'S bartenders serve Signature Old Fashioned cocktails alongside the newest specialty drinks, many made with Louisiana products. DON'S SEAFOOD began in 1934, when Don Landry opened his first restaurant and bar in downtown Lafayette with $400 borrowed from his uncle. Prohibition had just been lifted and at only 24 years old, he envisioned serving drinks and offering a simple menu featuring fresh local seafood. Four generations later, the Landry family has expanded that humble beginning into what would eventually become the DON'S SEAFOOD of today. Continuing the tradition, the Landry family still owns and operates each location. An extensive menu of original South Louisiana Cajun family recipes, the freshest Gulf seafood and sizzling steaks is offered. Each location boasts a unique Acadiana-inspired décor, all have a full-service bar and grill, perfect for casual diners or sports enthusiasts. Every DON'S SEAFOOD grill features an open charbroiler where diners can watch exclusive dishes being prepared like DON'S Original Jacked Up OystersTM loaded with bacon, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. Whether you're just passing through South Louisiana or live right around the corner, you'll find a DON'S SEAFOOD location near you in Lafayette, Denham Springs, Gonzales, Hammond, Covington and Metairie.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Bad idea. All around.
The jacked up shrimp appetizer was so oily it spread all over the plate and I'm pretty sure they use frozen shrimp. The worst part: the shrimp were not deveined before preparation, so when the oily sucker flopped onto your plate you were greeted with "the vein". This ruined my appetite.
I was ready to walk out, however the waiter finally came around to grab our order so we did. The fried shrimp wasn't bad, they were butterflied, so no worries about the vein.... Also ordered the grilled stuffed shrimp, which contained WAY too much stuffing, it was overpowering!
Overall this restaurant has the appearance of a Picadilly Cafeteria including the odd smell and sticky booths. I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone and I will not be back.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my family ate here and the food was good. We had crab cakes, fried catfish, hamburger steak, fried crawfish and the sundae for dessert. Everything was good but I felt it was a bit over priced. All in all a good meal with the family! Everybody left happy and that's all that matters to me!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. Whenever we are in the Metairie-New Orleans area we always have to eat at this restaurant. Great sauted crab claws, and their fried seafood especially the soft shell crabs are my favorites.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Parking, the first plus. Clean with inside seating the feel of a Red Lobster. They have lots of seafood to pick from with a Cajun/Creole selection, along with a moderate number of non-seafood dishes. The cup of Gumbo was an appetizer portion and the bowl was very large nice flavor. Lots of fried foods, you can get broiled if you ask. Crawfish a little chewy, shrimp was good. Large portions, again if you ask you can get a smaller portion. We got one of each with the fried shrimp and had leftovers. The shrimp taste like shrimp no strange spice in the breading, the cocktail sauce was spicy. Great service team, our waitress was doing fine and then had a table of 10 or more people and without us having to ask the other waitress came and got us drink refills.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I ate with friends and family that live here. The service was a little slow and she kept forgetting things. The food for the quality of it was over priced and not that hot when it came to the table. The broiled shrimp and fried shrimp had no taste. The waitress was swamped and I felt sorry for her so I still tipped her 20%. Wasn't impressed too much at all and not a place I would give a second chance

Been to DON'S Seafood? Share your experiences!